Bad battery lifeSupport

1. stokietom

stokietom Member

I unlocked my phone, rooted it and installed Fish n Chips ROM.

My phone seems to have very poor battery life. I fully charged it to 100%, unplugged it, played a game for a very short while and I lost 10% battery withint 10-15 mins.

The battery just seems like a time bomb that doesn't last very long at all.

I've only had the phone 2 days now... Is it normal for the battery life on this phone to be so poor?

Cheers

Advertisement
    :
  2. ZeroOne

ZeroOne Guest

depends on whats running on the phone, how hot the phone is getting, battery
    size and the rom and kernel. give it a couple of charges, i like to drain the battery all the way recharge wipe battery stats and drain it all the way again
    recharge all the way and reboot. give it a week is my advice;)
  3. Reider

Reider Well-Known Member

I have the Fish N Chips R2 installed on my SFII and lose about 6% overnight only. In normal use I get 5 days from a fully charged battery if using the phone only. If using all features I get 1-2 days inc the 6% drain overnight, which should be addressed in R3. I use SetCPU to lower the CPU, and thus power usage. I also use Power Manager to turn off wi fi etc when not needed, again reducing power usage.

I also occasionally charge to 100%, empty the battery stats and do not recharge until the phone drops to 4% in an effort to condition the battery and get proper stats. An Android phone engineer said this isn`t necessary but as an engineer myself I disagree, batteries do retain some memory of usage and need conditioning. This is why you never get full power and usage from a new battery. It settles down after the first few charges and works better if they are full charges from low remaining power to full charge.

I feel this phone does extremely well on power usage. Considering the amount of programs it can and does run, the facilities available in the phone. Its working like a mini computer and should use a lot more power than it does. You may have a hardware fault as I`ve not seen others mentioning the extreme power usage you seem to have. As I mentioned in the other forum, if you have any doubt then it may be best to return the phone for a new one, it may be part of a bad batch. If you already had a few charges and its still faulty, try running minimum programs and temporarily uninstall others. If its still bad I say send it back.....
  4. baberuth609

baberuth609 Member

can you make video calls with this phone i can when i use tango but not skype
  5. Reider

Reider Well-Known Member

Skype is the problem, not the phone. Waiting while they see sense and fix the darned thing......