Bad BatterySupport

Last Updated:

1. Aslar

Aslar Active Member This Topic's Starter

Feb 19, 2010
    My battery life has been getting worse over the last few weeks. This morning in 5 hours since my last charge it is at 11%. This is with only 15 minutes of talk time and 40 minutes of display. My question is how bad is bad enought to get a replacement? Is there anyway I can get a new phone out of them and not just a new battery?

2. nybmx

nybmx Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2010
    I have a feeling that this is related to some apps that are using up system resources. Try some of the following.
    1. Download an app called Spare Parts. This will give you much more details about how your battery has been used since it was last unplugged. One to check for in particular is partial wake usage. This is usually the cause of serious battery drain like you're experiencing.
    2. Check settings on all apps and see how often they are set to update and sync. Sometimes without realizing it people install apps that have a default sync value of 15 minutes or less. Things like this can eat up battery. Now don't get me wrong, one app syncing a lot won't drain your battery as bad you you're experiencing, but a few together could drain it a lot faster.
    3. This one may be a bit controversial but I have found that leaving my wifi off saves me a ton of battery. When I leave mine on I lose ~5-10% an hour. With it switched off I lose ~1% or less. Other people swear that leaving it on provides them better battery life but unfortunately I have not experienced this.
    4. List any apps that you run on a daily basis. This will really help us know if it is an application caused problem or a hardware one.

If none of these help or you have already tried these than I would absolutely get a replacement battery.