Bad camera or bad battery?Support

Last Updated:

1. mak916

mak916 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I bought an HTC oem battery off ebay for my EVO. This was not a red battery. I believe it is for the TP2. When I use the battery everything works except my camera. When push the camera widget, the camera starts to load but then the phone returns to home screen. When I take the battery out it takes a while for the phone to go back to normal so I can use the camera again. So is it my ebay battery or is it the camera? Or could it be something else?

Advertisement
  2. tjwoo

tjwoo Well-Known Member

replace the ebay battery with your red OEM and try the camera. If the camera works with Red OEM, it's the ebay battery. If not, it's the camera. simple simple

3. mak916

I am thinking it is the ebay battery as well. Bt what is strange is that when I put the red battery back in, it takes a long time for the camera to work. I am wondering if it is something about the phone that is causing the ebay battery not work right. Right now all I am using is the red one.

4. tjwoo

tjwoo Well-Known Member

I'm putting my money on bad ebay battery.

5. johnnygreek

johnnygreek Member

I hope you didnt buy it from hong kong or china, I once bought an oem htc battery from ebay(hong kong) for my old touch pro and it never worked at all. The only battery I'd buy for the evo is a seidio innocell 1750mAh or the amzer 1800mAh.

6. IPvFletch

IPvFletch Well-Known Member

I don't see how a battery could cause this unless it is some surge in juice which it cannot deliver. I would scratch off the battery terminals a little to ensure a good contact. I would also test the factory battery in the same manner. For all you know, booting up the phone and trying the camera could cause the camera to be buggy until after some time when the OS settles down and goes back to full idle.

I also agree with the others though, putting a cheap chinese-made battery in a phone it wasn't made for sounds really scary. You have a $500 device there which could easily die from a screwy or incorrect battery..

7. mak916

I haven't used the battery again and all seems to work ok. I have used many Hong Kong batteries for my TP and they worked fine. But this battery I got from ebay was not a Hong Kong battery. It was an HTC oem battery. It's just not red. For now I will wait until the price of the red batteries go down then buy some of them.

8. mak916

For all you know, booting up the phone and trying the camera could cause the camera to be buggy until after some time when the OS settles down and goes back to full idle.

This makes sense to me. I will have to test it. But not on my phone. lol

9. autorail1

autorail1 Well-Known Member

Yea Those China was are Crap, (sarcasm) OHHHH WAIT No they are NOT, check the OEM red one, before you are misinformed. China all over that red one.OEM Battery MADE IN CHINA!!

10. mak916

I noticed the made in China all over the red one as well. lol

11. phyl0x

phyl0x Active Member

do you have fring installed? i had that same camera issue and it was seemingly caused by fring, uninstalled it and no problems, also i then reinstalled fring and its been working since. saw other complaints about this on the xda forums.

12. Selfdestruct

Selfdestruct Well-Known Member

Have you run all the updates on your phone?

I seem to recall having camera troubles on june 4 when i got my evo, but it was because it needed an update

13. mak916

I have done all the updates. I will also try to uninstall Fring and see if that helps.