Bad coverage area?/Help please

Last Updated:

1. mybad

mybad Active Member This Topic's Starter

Mar 24, 2010
    I think the Sprint coverage in my area might suck sweaty donkey balls. I really wanted to go with Sprint b/c of the EVO, my husband gets a really good discount with them through his work (22% of monthly bill and 25% off accessories), and I don't need to possibly strap a mattress on my back to pay the damn bill. I think? AT&T and Verizon have much better coverage here, and you also get a hefty bill for all that coverage. He does also get a good discount with AT&T as well but they make it so you have so sign your first born over with what they charge. Bastids.

2. drksilenc

drksilenc Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2010
    well sprint and verizon have roaming agreements so if u have verizon coverage you have sprint coverage. check your coverage map because if its a metro area more than not u do have a decent sprint coverage
  3. Tasmin

Tasmin Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2010
    My parents live in a rural area and are tied to either AT&T or a regional carrier for coverage. What sucks is that Sprint actually has decent coverage through roaming agreements, but Sprint won't sell them a contract because they're in a roaming area. I feel your pain, but I would check with them directly before giving up hope.
  4. neodorian

neodorian Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2010
    They won't sell you a contract if you live in an area they know is roaming. Likewise if the majority of your time is spent roaming they will often cancel you. It's the down side to free roaming agreements. They have some kind of deal worked out but I assume they lose too much money when they have to pay for you to spend most of your time on Verizon's or whoever's towers.

You should probably choose a different carrier than Sprint if the coverage is poor in your area. No must-have handset is worth that kind of hassle, especially with good handset options on pretty much all the carriers these days.
    mybad likes this.
  5. BJ_Sprint

BJ_Sprint New Member

Mar 2, 2010
    Hello mybad, my name is BJ DeHut and I represent Sprint online as their SprintCareGuide. I see a few people have responded and someone suggested checking out the Sprint service map, you can plug in your most frequented destinations in this handy tool to show you what your reception should look like, if your service doesn