Bad ESN and Good ESNSupport

1. wiisixtyfour

wiisixtyfour Well-Known Member

My Lucid has been broken, the screen is cracked and the volume buttons don't work very well. (I tried to get to download mode and couldn't.) The phone tries to start but then reboots every time. I was debating on replacing the screen myself but I was worried there may be more internal damage (the phone was "dropped" pretty hard). The phone says something about the System failing to load and I can press "Wait" or "OK" and either way it reboots. I was looking on eBay and it seems cheaper to buy a bad ESN Lucid as a replacement. Would it be possible for me to take the main board out of my broken Lucid and use it just as well in the bad ESN Lucid?
    I'm assuming the ESN is attached to the board so basically the rest of the components are irrelevant, but I just wanted to ask and see if anyone else actually knows this.

Advertisement
    :
  2. noseph

noseph Well-Known Member Contributor

Personally I would not waste my time or money on another Lucid with it's locked bootloader. Check out Buy and Sell Used Android Phones and Tablets > Swappa
  3. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

While ESN swapping between handsets is allowable only in very strict circumstances and with the carriers' sanction, what you suggest is effectively 'recasing' which (imho) should be okay.

However, if the device is refusing to boot correctly then it's likely that the mainboard, or at least some of it, has also been badly damaged.
    Xyro likes this.
  4. wiisixtyfour

wiisixtyfour Well-Known Member

I want another lucid because I got a promotion from Verizon so I get 4gb of data instead of 2gb and I talked to a customer service guy and he said if i get a different phone I'll lose the extra 2gb data plan. Plus I like the phone a lot.
    Thanks for the information, I am buying a cheap new lucid off eBay and I'll just use that one. I'll probably test my main board with it too to see if it works
  5. TheCheeze

TheCheeze Active Member

If the one on ebay doesn't work out I am accepting painfully low offers on my bricked lucid, guaranteed to beat ebay prices for you if you are interested.