Bad experience so far with USB connectionSupport

Last Updated:

1. tmar89

tmar89 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I connected my SF to my computer using the supplied cable and it charges no problem, but when the USB mode is set to Mass Mode, I get an unformatted drive in Windows 7 x64. Then I change it to Media Sync and it pops up as a SCH-i500 device and I can copy files to it, but after a few files, the USB connection dies and the SF says that the transfer is completed and it needs to shut down Media Sync. But after that, I can't get the USB connection to work unless I reboot my PC or plug into a new USB port.

I am trying to use MediaMonkey to sync my music and it's just a terrible experience. Any thoughts on how to get the USB connection to work better?

Advertisement
  2. ironhorse

ironhorse Well-Known Member

I am just having a problem with it staying connected to my pc. Tried several drivers but when pda net or transfering files I get usb connection loss. My external hard drive does not have this problem at all so I know it is not the ports on the pc.

3. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Grab the Win 7 x64 drivers here:How to Root - Android Forums
    You should have it in Mass Storage mode and you should have usb debugging enabled

4. tmar89

I tried installing the 64 bit drivers but Windows 7 keeps telling me that I have the best driver (not ones from the Samsung download). Also I am in Mass mode with USB Debugging on. Do I have to root my fascinate for this?

When I go into the Disk Management, it shows me a Samsung SCH-i500 Card USB Device but populates to 0MB.

Media Mode only seems to work, but then dies while transferring.

EDIT: I noticed when I connect in Mass Mode, I have to pull down the notifications and click on the USB notification to Mount. Now I have a populated drive. Strange that it took that extra step.

5. saps

saps Well-Known Member

No thats common. You always have to mount to go to the sdcard

6. tmar89

Ok, thanks. This is my first Android phone so I'm still learning :). Maybe we can post something in the Tips and Tricks section on how to properly mount the SD card for use over USB?