Bad for Battery to Leave N1 in Desktop Dock All Day?Support

Last Updated:

1. jw nyc

jw nyc Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is it bad for my battery to leave my N1 in the desktop dock throughout the work day? I leave the dock next to my monitors in the office and basically just leave the N1 in the dock while I'm at work (8:30am to about 6:30pm M-F). Is this bad for the battery or no big deal?

Advertisement
  2. ParishyM

ParishyM Well-Known Member

you can't hurt lithiums

3. jw nyc

jw nyc Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I noticed that my battery has been pretty poor recently and I was wondering if it was b/c I leave it plugged in all the time. I guess not.

4. SnotF

SnotF Well-Known Member

it's more likely because of settings or because of reception or lack thereof you're encountering. take a look around at a task manager that will autokill your stuff, and i'd run only 2g unless you need 3g(ie data). there's more you can do if you search. a free task manager is apollo, that's what i've been using for a while now, there are pay ones but they all do the same thing as apollo.

5. locus

locus Well-Known Member

My understanding of Lithium batteries you can "hurt" them if you leave them in the charger for more then a week and or if you regularly let it die on the phone before charging, but for a day or two should not be a problem, also they like quick charges, if you are lets say 50% or 75% a quick charge will not harm them they are fine.