• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What is the standard file size for images clicked from your SE Live with Walkman phones?

• Total voters

tebu516

Lurker
May 30, 2012
I have found the image resolutions of photos clicked by the Live with Walkman camera to be pretty bad. The images are not very sharp when you zoom into them. The images on my much cheaper HTC Wildfire used to be way better. The usual file sizes i get for photos clicked on the Live are 500 - 700 KB. Compared to this the Wildfire used to click photos with sizes of 1 - 1.2 MB. And the difference shows in the quality of the pictures. Is there anybody facing similar issues? What are the file sizes you get for images clicked from your Live with Walkman phones?

Digital zoom is bad on ALL devices.
And my photos vary from 500kB to over 1 MB.

Maybe teub516 means gallery zoom, not the camera's digital zoom.

@tebu516: If it's gallery zoom what you are talking about, yes, images look bad. They look better on a computer when you view the image at 100%. Live With Walkman's gallery (which is actually the standard Gingerbread Gallery) shows only downgraded versions of the images. Even worse, you get no indication of the zoom level. Perhaps it lets you zoom beyond 100% thus making images look bad.

Camera in Live With Walkman is no big deal, but I just want to make sure your problems are not related to excessive zoom.

As for the camera's digital zoom, avoid it if possible. As Newarvuti said, it's bad on any phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones