• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Bad led flashlight

luiscomputech

Aug 18, 2012
Hi folks . I accidentally dropped the AWE from the top of my desk . no damage was done except the LED for the flashlight / camera flash doesn't work any more . I use it a lot . I'm looking around to see if there are any replacement parts available and can't find any . Do any of you guys know where I can find a replacement if available ? Thanks in advance .

Hi folks . I accidentally dropped the AWE from the top of my desk . no damage was done except the LED for the flashlight / camera flash doesn't work any more . I use it a lot . I'm looking around to see if there are any replacement parts available and can't find any . Do any of you guys know where I can find a replacement if available ? Thanks in advance .
If u can find an broken phone with good light u might b able to go that way or just buy new phone

Upvote 0
If I find a decent solution that doesn't take a rocket science degree and is cheap enough I will post the solution in case it happens to somebody else . I'm gonna take the time tomorrow to pull the back off and see what it has for hardware . Maybe I can pull the LED with some good soldering technique off a salvaged unit , got plenty , and swap it out . On some models it's just a matter of pulling out a small board to do a swap . If my nerves go steady , I'll go for it tonight . Thanks for the comments guys but if I have to buy another phone , more likely it will be an upgrade .

Upvote 0
If I find a decent solution that doesn't take a rocket science degree and is cheap enough I will post the solution in case it happens to somebody else . I'm gonna take the time tomorrow to pull the back off and see what it has for hardware . Maybe I can pull the LED with some good soldering technique off a salvaged unit , got plenty , and swap it out . On some models it's just a matter of pulling out a small board to do a swap . If my nerves go steady , I'll go for it tonight . Thanks for the comments guys but if I have to buy another phone , more likely it will be an upgrade .
What do u consider an upgrade very few devices have lollipop plus the devices that do have the update no flashlight unless ur going to get an expensive phone

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just based on what I've seen and the little research I've done over time with the same interest, its pretty difficult to upgrade from the Awe without spending what to me is significantly more money. Awe isn't the best thing out obviously but for the price, its hard to beat. The community and developers working with the Awe have really made this phone difficult to move on from for those that have to be frugal financially ;]

Upvote 0
Btw, I thought that I had broke my LED because in a previous ROM, I couldn't get it to work out of nowhere after being fine for the longest. I've had a ton of drops and such and simply thought it was now dead or broke. Eventually switched to a different ROM and it restored functionality. You might give that a try if your not totally sure you broke it.

Upvote 0
Just based on what I've seen and the little research I've done over time with the same interest, its pretty difficult to upgrade from the Awe without spending what to me is significantly more money. Awe isn't the best thing out obviously but for the price, its hard to beat. The community and developers working with the Awe have really made this phone difficult to move on from for those that have to be frugal financially ;]
U pretty summed it up some tells me we are going to get plowed with lollipop ROMs

Upvote 0
Solved ! Reflashed right off the ROMS (L) I had in the SD card and presto , like magic the flashlight works . Thanks guys . ! Briankd had the answer kudos and thanks to all . PS I was very sad in thinking I had to give up this phone . Hard to beat , literally but no punt intended :)
Glad u got it u need to try dirty unicorn romu u will love it:)

Upvote 0
Glad to see you got it fixed. In my experience, this phone will take quite the beating. Like most others though, it doesn't do well with drowning. Ive got another Awe that hit the toilet after falling out of out my hoodie pocket. Surprisingly, its 100% alright except I can't hear others during calls thus making it effectively a WiFi only device.

Upvote 0
Glad to see you got it fixed. In my experience, this phone will take quite the beating. Like most others though, it doesn't do well with drowning. Ive got another Awe that hit the toilet after falling out of out my hoodie pocket. Surprisingly, its 100% alright except I can't hear others during calls thus making it effectively a WiFi only device.

Well mines really good at baking fresh tasty internal CPUs. I'm surprised it's not a molten liquid soup already

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones