Bad Luck or Bad Phone?

Last Updated:

1. Chrisw37

Chrisw37 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

I am new to the forum. I have recently upgraded from an Samsung Instinct to an HTC Hero. I am currently on my second phone. The first one had a major OS glitch. As the service tech stated it was possessed. I am into my new replacement for about 2 weeks now. Currently, I am having horrible luck with the phone. The keyboard lags, the phone auto dials random numbers while scrolling the phone book and today while talking to my wife it made a conference call to my wife. Also the weather feature on the clock won't update the location unless I manually refresh it. These are just a few of the things I have noticed.

I currently am running advanced app killer to save on battery life and the phone is up to date on the software. My brother has an HTC Touch through T-Mobile and it rocks and I have other friends with android phones and they don't experience the same issues.

PLEASE HELP!! Before I have to give this phone back.

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member

First of all don't use task killers, they do more harm than good and usually eat more battery than they save. The weather issue can be set to update on set time intervals, and also can be set to stay on one location or to update as you travel. I personally leave it on one location as letting it update with your current location requires gps to be turned on which eats more battery. Just touch the weather part so that it opens then press menu and play with the settings.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

3. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member

And also, are you using Android 1.5 or 2.1 or what, I would recommend a hard reset/factory data wipe to try and work out the lag issues.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

4. tazcollins

tazcollins Well-Known Member

My Hero has ran great for six out of the seven months I've owned it. After listening to these people the first month I uninstalled the taskiller and it has always ran great. Still 1.5 and I won't upgrade to 2.1. TC

5. kassdog

kassdog Well-Known Member

Those problems are problems with 2.1 on the hero. If i were you stay away from smart phones if those problems bug you. Every phone you get will have some ptoblem with it.