Bad News: Limited Stock of Droid X For Launch

1. Rimzy

Rimzy Well-Known Member

Advertisement
    :
  2. aleis

aleis Well-Known Member

WHYYYYY!!!
    why do they have to toy with our emotions.
    dont matter. i`ll be at the store before they open.
    and yes i am open to fight :mad:
  3. 2009m6

2009m6 Well-Known Member

If you want an X, i sure hope you preordered.

Those of you with a bad drinc aftertaste, know what im talking about..

read:

Could it be another release with limited availablility

Discuss.

those of you who have preordered should verify your status with bb. Wouldn't want any unxpected surprises come thursday morning
  4. Greavous

Greavous Well-Known Member

The store in Jacksonville NC has 60 on the shelf, three of which have my name on them. Didnt bother with any pre-order just went in and made human contact with a salesman who is commission driven. I also have a 9am appointment with him on the 15th!
  5. JubbaTheHutt

JubbaTheHutt Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I believe a NATIONWIDE shortage of devices at launch from two screens.

To be frank, Droid-Life likes to operate on a lot of vague assumptions, rumors, and tips. I still remember the article they posted where the author truly believed rumors that Verizon was going to phase out the Incredible to make room for the Droid X...
  6. maroonsloth

maroonsloth Active Member

I have no idea what things will look like nationwide, but I know the store closest to me is only getting 10 in stock. I've got my name on their "list," so hopefully that will guarantee me one even though I can't get there until after work that day.
  7. kellex

kellex Member

Here you go brotha...

Want More Proof? DROID X Inventory is Limited. - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

And btw, this isn't a negative post, I'm trying to inform people so they can get to a store and purchase one. :cool:
  8. ylexot

ylexot Well-Known Member

That doesn't really surprise me. I asked the folks at the VZW kiosk at BJs about stock levels. She said that she didn't know how many they were getting, but for the Incredible launch, they got 3. If they only get 5 this time, that still shows that stock levels are not going to be as bad as the Incredible launch.
  9. JubbaTheHutt

JubbaTheHutt Well-Known Member

But to skew suggested stock by posting two photos of stock from a kiosk and corporate store? Come on, how much more vague can one be?

Also for those who may not know what I was referring to in an earlier post...check out this article...http://www.droid-life.com/2010/06/22/verizon-waves-goodbye-to-droid-eris-incredible-next/
  10. Ryan04

Ryan04 Active Member

would it be better to try to order through verizonwireless.com early on the 15th or call an order in or go to a local store? Im a big fan of ordering online or over the phone because of the instant rebate. I canceled my dinc order because of wait time and if I end up waiting again Im going to switch to att.
  11. socal2ks

socal2ks Well-Known Member

Good news is that many people arent eligible for upgrades. I doubt the majority are going to pay full retail, I could be wrong though, as the DINC was a horrible phone IMHO.
  12. sanjeeva7

sanjeeva7 Well-Known Member

You know why there will be limited supply? So it guarantees a sell out. The same reason you wait 20 minutes in line to get into an empty club.
  13. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

Preordered from Best Buy....only way to go these days. And I think VZW is just pushing hype...I can't imagine why this phone would be in short supply...its doesnt have an Amoled screen, and its made by MOTO...who is a way bigger company then HTC is. There should be absolutely no excuse as to why the X should not be available for the masses.
  14. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

I just got off the phone with the Best Buy where I ordered my 2 Droid X's (Burlington, WA) and they said that they will definitely have enough to cover their pre orders. He didn't know how many more they would have until Wednesday, but they have been guaranteed at least enough for everyone that already pre ordered.
  15. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

Those inventory numbers look pretty normal to me... am I missing something? lol
  16. The Doors

The Doors Active Member

I don't think they'll have shortages, I mean they're trying to compete with the iPhone release. why have a small stock?
  17. dennygreen

dennygreen Well-Known Member

yeah, thats what people have been saying for weeks. I never bought it.

good thing I didn't get my hopes up on getting one for sure on Thursday.
  18. Vihzel

I wonder what kind of sales Motorola was expecting in their first weekend.
  19. darreno1

darreno1 Well-Known Member

From all the buzz the X should do quite well. I'm going to try to be at Verizon really early on
    the 15th. I'll be pushing, fighting and possibly stampeding to get the X so stay out of my way. J/K.:)
  20. schizrade

schizrade Well-Known Member

Newsflash: EVERYTHING comes in limited quantity, unless it comes from Government.
  21. Grad

Grad Well-Known Member

Shortage? Huntington Beach has 110 of them! I think things look just fine.
  22. HookEmHorns*UT*

HookEmHorns*UT* Well-Known Member

Got mine on hold at the Greenville SC store. 8 AM appt.......whew!!! HAHA
  23. Vihzel

Fixed that for you. :p
  24. CriticalMass

CriticalMass Well-Known Member

You are in Greenville too? hehe. small world.

I'm ordering from Amazon. if it takes an extra week, that's cool with me.
  25. Vihzel

Will Amazon have them on launch day?