Bad performance since update.Support

Last Updated:

1. jacoolh

jacoolh Member This Topic's Starter

Bad performance has plaqued my phone since I updated it with 2.2. It's like it has the desire software on the legends hardware. Gets very sluggish after 1 hour of being turned on.

Not that much running either. Anyone else had problems?

Advertisement
  2. appapapa

appapapa Member

I noticed that my HTC Legend was often using 100% CPU usage after the update which turned out to be the Android System using all the resources so an app killer didn't solve the problem. I had to backup and perform a factory reset to solve this issue. You could try using a CPU monitor app to see if there is any offending app. Also, you could check the Services by doing Menu -> Settings -> Applications -> Running Services. Perhaps there is something there causing the issue.

3. Rufayl

Rufayl New Member

I have the same issue.I am using vodafone legend and still unable to fix the issue.
    Do i have to reset the factory settings?
    can i somehow reinstall the latest update on the sd card?since i believe that low internal memory may be the issue!

4. pctools

pctools New Member

where you guys getting the 2.2? is not available in the market. 2.2 not stable? Can Legend support 2.3?

5. appapapa

appapapa Member

Your phone should tell you an update is available.
    If not select: Settings -> About Phone -> System software check - then press "Check now".

Also, I have found that the sluggish performance is down to CPU usage. If you install some software to monitor your CPU usage (like Usage Timeline) you might see that it is quite high or consistently at 100% usage. To fix this you need to turn USB Debug on. I have no idea why but it works!

To set USB Debugging on go to
    Settings -> Applications -> Developement and Press USB debugging

6. pose

pose Member

I have the same problem on my Vodafone Legend. After I unlock the screen, the phone takes a full minute to be usable, and even then is a bit sluggish. I did a factory reset, didn't help.

I'll try appapapa's solution and get back to you.

7. pose

pose Member

I installed CPU monitor app to verify that the phone was running at 100% CPU usage around half the time when it was lying idle, even after several hours. Disabling JuiceDefender and Plotter fixed the issue. Ironic.

8. RusskiyParen

RusskiyParen Active Member

guys, there is an answer to all the lagging for HTC Legend, all u have to do is

1. Turn off your phone, Remove SIM card
    2. Turn your phone ON without a SIM card
    3. Turn it off again
    4.Insert SIM
    5 Turn it on...

after my phone is running very quick and very nice.

9. goshtin

goshtin Member

the trick with removing and replacing the sim card worked oddly enough
    did that fix last? because I really hope it's a permanent fix

10. pzelnip

pzelnip New Member

Sim card trick *sorta* worked, it was still 100% utilization upon restarting but now for the moment seems to be leveling off.

This morning was getting 100% utilization while idle. Was finding the sync icon was appearing a LOT, so I turned of automatic syncing, but that didn't seem to do much (still getting a lot of sync notifications appearing).

USB Debugging had no effect whatsoever.

2.2 with the Legend on Virgin Mobile.

11. feedtheflame

feedtheflame Member

im also struggling with it being sluggish. and i dont know if this has anything to do with it, but im also suddenly not receiving texts from a friend. Ill try the sim card thing..and the usb debugging...