Rooted 2.1v3 leak

Baseband 2.40.00.01.22
    Kernel 2.6.29-8a03cb9a
    Build 2.36.601.1
    Software Number 2.36.605.1
    PRI 2.11_002
    PRL 51866
    ERI 5

I consistently get 1 or 2 bars or no bars almost everywhere.

I checked with the people at BestBuy Mobile who all have Erises, and the ones with 1.5 and an older baseband were getting 3 and 4 bars. The ones with the OTA 2.1 and newer baseband were getting 3 and 4 bars where I was barely getting anything.

Back when I had the 2.1v2 root I tried flashing the 2.42.xxx baseband from the Sprint Hero from the Amon Ra boot loader and it seemed to flash but my baseband stayed at 2.40... I was hoping the v3 leak would up my baseband but it still seems stuck. Any other ideas? I love this phone but the reception is horrible.

I use it primarily in Fort Worth and Arlington, TX

Advertisement
  2. midnightd

midnightd Well-Known Member

There's a thread on radio updates available at XDA: All Current Radios - xda-developers

I'm using the 2.41.04.02.03-heroc.zip patch on my rooted Eris running jcases's leak4rombase.zip ROM with no problems. It gives me no less than 3 bars now where I had no more than 1-2 with the v3 leak (in upstate NY).

Nothing shows 4 solid bars like the stock 1.5 radio usually did, but I don't think that was an accurate representation of actual signal strength. Now I get 3-4 bars, great reception and call quality, decent download speeds and no dropped calls.... can't ask for much more than that.

3. MrDangerous

MrDangerous Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hmm. Strange I downloaded another 2.42 series baseband and it took this time..

Now I'm at 2.42.01.04.27 which I found on accident by googling for sprint basebands. It's even newer than the one on the XDA forums.

We'll have to see how it works...

4. midnightd

midnightd Well-Known Member

Have you had any problems doing the *228 to update your PRL since you're using a Sprint radio baseband?