bad service inside certain buildingsSupport

Last Updated:

1. aohus

aohus Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I get bad service at certain buildings. I'm in target store right now and service is ridiculously bad

Advertisement
  2. prophet of doom

prophet of doom Well-Known Member

good enough to post I see can't be to bad...might just be the thickness of the building not allowing any service...just a guess tho

3. FourAndFive

FourAndFive Active Member

I get 1-2 bars in my house, yet my friends D2 gets 3-4 bars. Annoying. My case also seems to reduce my reception.

4. Exiled

Exiled Well-Known Member

I spend most of my day in a cement building. Even by the window I can't even get a bar. most of my classmates can still manage to text in class but I can't and its frustrating. as soon as I go outside its fine so I know its the building that's blocking it.

5. fuzio1963

fuzio1963 Well-Known Member

All cellular providers do NOT guarantee services inside of buildings. It is in your Contracts.

6. Outlaw71

Outlaw71 Well-Known Member

Is this your very 1st cell phone? I can assure you this is a market wide issue regardless of phone brand, carrier, smartphone/dumbphone, yearly income, social status.... it doesn't matter really, buildings have always and will always cause problems with cell devices. Unless there is some sort of signal booster implemented in the building.

Thats not to say there's no difference from one phone to the next as far as getting service inside a building. But service in certain area's will effect all cell phones, not just the Droid X. I've always found it to be more of a carrier thing myself though. Like for instance where I live Verizon just has better coverage than all the others. Believe me Verizon was my last choice because they are by far the most expensive carrier around here. But after initially signing up for AT&T (back then they were Cingular), tben switching to Sprint, I eventually had no choice but to go with Verizon because I got sick and tired of having to go out and stand on my front porch at my house (especially in the winter) just to get a single bar of service. And that was the same with all 3 phones I tried out.

Switching over to Verizon has been absolutely worth the larger monthly bill. Now I get service practically anywhere I've ever been (buildings excluded).

7. chippy

chippy Well-Known Member

Yep sometimes that happens when you are in a giant concrete/steel cage.

8. wxman2003

wxman2003 Well-Known Member

That's why google, verizon and others purchased the lower end of the spectrum from the phased out analog tv spectrum. The lower spectrum is better for penetrating buildings, etc, and hopefully in the near future they will start using it.

9. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

It's not unusual... I traditionally get lousy service inside big box stores like Walmart and Home Depot. It's all that steel, concrete, and RF interference that, I believe, mucks up the reception.

10. ArthurIhde

ArthurIhde Well-Known Member

Let's wait and see[​IMG]

11. SgtBaxter

SgtBaxter Well-Known Member

Anything between two radio antennas will reduce reception. Trees, cases, hands...

12. aohus

aohus Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i've noticed drop in signal significantly in the DX. Didn't have much of an issue with the Storm1. Could be due to the fact I'm doing more with the DX. But yeah, when in big buildings with a lot of glass/metal, reception gets really flaky.

13. ChiefHopper

ChiefHopper Well-Known Member

Interesting. I am having the same problems in buildings and spaces I have been in and used for years. My "old" LG dumb phones, included the spouse's, never had these problems in these buildings and spaces. Ever.

The problem seems to have worsened after 2.2 OTA.

14. dylo22

dylo22 Well-Known Member

flaky as in you can't hold a call or the signal meter jumps? I don't have any problems with calls inside buildings, but 3G can be spotty.

15. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

try dialing *228 and choosing option 2? You might have an old PRL

16. ChiefHopper

ChiefHopper Well-Known Member

Won't hold a call. Also unable to make calls at all.

And I do the *228 stunt often.

17. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

Chuckle