1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Bad Sound QualitySupport

1. master_amd

master_amd New Member

I don't know if it is just my phone, but the sound quality is awful! I am coming from a Sprint HTC Hero and its just plain bad. I also can't use the speaker phone as the other person is getting a MASSIVE amount of feedback from the call (I suspect microphone and speaker placement is the issue). Speaker works fine otherwise. Microphone is bad as well, all the people I have talked to said I am muffled, they can't hear me clearly however I can hear them good.

Anybody else have these problems? I hope its just my unit.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. soundping

soundping Well-Known Member

Your not the only one. It's a bad phone design. :(

Virgin Mobile should have tested these phones before committing to any agreement with Motorola.
  3. master_amd

master_amd New Member

Anybody else have these problems?????

Thanks
  4. JohnnyFever

JohnnyFever New Member

YES. Just got two units and both muffling. Tested it on many people. Would expect better quality from $300 unit.
    Tested out the LG OV last month and clear w/o probs.

Speaker/reciever is clear as bell.

Unfortunately, going back to BB and going back to verizon. Too bad as I thought the 40/mo plan was good...

And yes...no screen cover or case. Voice privacy off.
  5. fallaen

fallaen Active Member

Yeah the sound quality is pretty bad on mine too, BUT it works for me. I can hear (just barely enough) and people on the other side can hear me fine. Odd thing is the speaker when not making a call, like playing music, is pretty decent and loud.
  6. JohnnyFever

JohnnyFever New Member

Both of ours are just problems with people hearing us on the other end. It is consistently muffled...
    Even without solicitation people have commented that it sounds muffled.
    I dont think it is VM but the microphone.
    It sounds clear(to others) when I am on bluetooth in the car.
    I know there have been issues with the Motorola Atrix with muffled sounds.

Again, it sounds fine when someone calls me. Errr...unless its the other triumph thats calling me...doh.
  7. melissapugs

melissapugs Well-Known Member

Not having probs with anything that I could actually discern until today, when signal dipped again anyway - but yes, if I could accurately describe it, a bit tinny, though volume was more than adequate. Not a deal breaker for me.
  8. harvickchick

harvickchick Well-Known Member

the voice on call quality is awesome for me. Music player quality, not so much, but I'll live.
  9. wtribley

wtribley New Member

Mine is muffled when used normally, when the speaker phone kicks in the person on the other end gets horrible echoes. Virgin Mobile is replacing mine, good old Moto, it's a miracle their Mobile Devices unit is still in business...
  10. lanceg

lanceg Well-Known Member

Mine was subpar until I flashed CM7, it got much better after that.