Bad travel charger messing up Evo?Support

Last Updated:

1. Lurch

Lurch Member This Topic's Starter

Jun 1, 2010
    I bought a travel charger for the Evo off of eBay for a few bucks (I guess I get what I pay for). Whenever I plug it in, the battery icon shows that its charging for a few seconds and then it stops charging. The phone also becomes VERY slow and laggy when its plugged in. As soon as I unplug it it works fine. No issues with the stock charger I got with the phone though.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is it bad for the phone or does the phone know when it doesn't like the charge its getting and stop it before it does damage? Has anyone had any success with any particular 3rd party chargers? I'm trying to find a cheaper alternative instead of buying an over-priced charger from a brick and mortar store. Also, are there any apps that show the rate that the battery is losing power or the rate that the battery is being charged at if plugged in? I had one on my Touch Pro and found it useful. Thanks for the help!

2. IPvFletch

IPvFletch Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2010

My suggestion is use the FACTORY cable and get some USB charge adapters as needed (it comes with a USA wall charger already).