Bad Update

Last Updated:

1. JLCongdon

JLCongdon Member This Topic's Starter

Ok so I am rooted and I got the newest OTA update pushed to my phone. I have instructions to do the RUU update for it but I did the OTA. It said it was successful but my friend has told me that it is messed up some and my recovery doesn't work. I attached 2 screenshots of my software information. Hopefully you guys can help.

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. masully1984

masully1984 Well-Known Member

maybe it turned S-on, if so you're gonna have to wait for unrevoked to update the rooting method for the new update

3. cartisdm

cartisdm Well-Known Member

This would be weird, but possible I guess. Check in hboot to see if it says "S-Off" or "S-On" and let us know.

FYI, I'm "the friend" he is mentioning in the OP. He also lost his ClockworkMod recovery and gets a error screen when trying to access it.

4. JLCongdon

JLCongdon Member This Topic's Starter

S-off

5. cartisdm

cartisdm Well-Known Member

My suggestion would be to run the RUU program and then re-root the phone using whatever method you did the first time (there is a difference between the AMOLED and the SLCD screens so make sure you pay attention). The reason I'm unsure about this is just because the phone is in a funky state right now and I don't want it to reject an update or something weird, causing it to brick.

Anyone have any additional advice?

6. Eris Lover

Eris Lover Well-Known Member

If your wanting to start out by getting clockwork recovery back on your phone then as long as you are indedd s-off which you should be, then flash the file found here Stuck on s-off through Hboot and you should have clockwork working again. After that you might need to also install superuser or just flash new rom is what I would do.