• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help bad updated

prosco

Lurker
Sep 24, 2011
First of all, i want to say that my English is really bad.:eek:

Well, the problem is that i tried to update my kernel from android froyo 2.2 to android gingerbread 2.3, using the Kernel Manager app, but now it doesn't pass from the android boot window, and I need to know how to fix it, can anyone help me please?

My phone is a Huawei m835.

Thank you.

You can find stock kernels around here, using a kernel from another phone is a very dangerous way of permanently bricking your phone.
I assume ports from say ascend to m835 (such as PG's CM7) is safer then just flashing an ascend rom,
also mate5 doesnt mention being for any phone other then m835 ?
i dont see where he says that he used a rom made only for another phone. Not tryin to be a dick and be all over your shit im just trying to learn and i see you making knowledgeable posts so hope you got an answer for me

Upvote 0
I assume ports from say ascend to m835 (such as PG's CM7) is safer then just flashing an ascend rom,
also mate5 doesnt mention being for any phone other then m835 ?
i dont see where he says that he used a rom made only for another phone. Not tryin to be a dick and be all over your shit im just trying to learn and i see you making knowledgeable posts so hope you got an answer for me
Disappeared for a while, didn't see this.

He didn't say he did, ROM is different than a Kernel.

Using Kernels meant for other phones will break yours, as they are quite different and built on hardware-based if I'm correct. As for ROMs, they have to be modified so it will work on your phone, in this case, a ROM for an Ascend won't work on M835, because of the screen and other complications that the M835 doesn't support. Some ROMs in order to work, need a kernel to be installed, since the phone's relatively new, the chances of there being some is slim. As for 2.3, don't think the phone can support it.

Upvote 0
You can find stock kernels around here, using a kernel from another phone is a very dangerous way of permanently bricking your phone.

Were is there a stock kernel or stock rom for the M835? Been looking but can't find one that is completely stock. Is there a method like the LGNPST method out there to restore back to stock? I tried the fastboot method but its only for the Accend. I'm giving this phone to my friends daughters birthday, and want it to be factory and unrooted. Any help or pointed in the right direction would be appriciated. Thanks;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones