Bad vibrations?Support

Last Updated:

1. TheGr81

TheGr81 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

OK, this might be a strange question but does anyone else Droid X kind of vibrate on the inside when you tap on it? LIke if you just tap on the back of it can you feel that there is something on the inside that maybe is not quite solid? Mine also does this when I sit it down on a hard surface and it even vibrates if the sound coming through the earpiece is really loud.

Anyone?

Advertisement
  2. incrediblenotinstock

incrediblenotinstock Well-Known Member

Yea I can also feel it. But idk seems pretty solid to me..

3. Order No.925

Order No.925 Active Member

Yeah, if you tap the back of mine you can feel some sort of vibration. To me it doesnt feel as though somethng isnt solid. Possibly just where the phone gives off the vibration for an alert??

4. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

Isn't it from the hollowness of the hump? From what I know, that hump is there just for the camera. Instead of having a camera where it sticks out like the Incredible and EVO, Motorola went in the direction of having it part of the design of the entire phone.

5. JubbaTheHutt

JubbaTheHutt Well-Known Member

I haven't noticed the issue you are explaining, but I will say the vibration for the X seems ridiculously weak. I can barely feel it vibrate when it's in my pocket.

Might be the case I'm using...but still, pretty weak.

6. travishamockery

travishamockery Well-Known Member

I'm under the impression it's just the unit that vibrates for haptic feedback. it has to be in a open enough area to vibrate when it's activated so it makes sense that when you happen to tap the phone you basically jar it a bit.

7. pank

pank Well-Known Member

No, he's right. I actually feel vibrating when somebody is talking. Nothing major but I can definitely feel the phone vibrating when the volume is all the way up and somebody is talking.

8. ECFfighter7232

ECFfighter7232 Well-Known Member

Yeah ive felt the "vibration" as well. almost as if something inside is on like a "shock absorber" type system. reminds me of the old portable cd players where the lazer was on a spring type shock absorber incase its dropped. I havnt had any issues with bad noise or vibrations when people are talking though, I've only noticed it like if I sit it down on a hard surface type thing.

9. TheGr81

TheGr81 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

OK so it sounds like the vibrations inside the phone are normal. I just wanted to make sure nothing was wrong with mine. Thanks for the replies.

10. vr4

vr4 Well-Known Member

noticed this a few days ago with mine too

11. Brian_83

Brian_83 Well-Known Member

It seems to be the top of the phone in the hump. If you flick it or something it will vibrate. It does feel kind of like the haptic feedback like someone else said. I also wondered if it was the vibrate mechanism. Maybe it's in that part of the phone and tapping the phone causes it to move or something.

12. Paycer

Paycer Well-Known Member

This. The vibration that any of you feel is completely normal and is present on most phones. I can tap on my Voyager and get an identical response. It's a bit more pronounced on my X than on my Voyager, but it's the same deal. I think I was able to coax the vibration on my Ally as well.

EDIT: It does not matter where you tap the device. As long as you tap it right, you can do so anywhere on the phone's surface. You can do it on the top or bottom of the screen if you like and feel a dull response.

13. Rockaholic

Rockaholic Well-Known Member

Well that's because sound is a vibration so the speaker is making the phone slightly vibrate.

14. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

it's the vibrating mechanism. no worries. I felt it on my incredible, too, before I gave it back.