Baffled about the text messaging....General

Last Updated:

1. jdarrt

jdarrt Active Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, I basically did a factory reset of my phone to fix this problem. Now it's back. So, this time what I did was clear all of my phone contacts out and all of my google contacts out. I readded my contacts via gmail contacts. Now all of my stuff shows up in my phone correctly. The problem is when I send out a message like to my wife with chompsms, handcent or the stock one, the message window says I am sending it to my wife but under the msg list it shows I sent it to my moms email address. it also lumps all of my replies under my moms email address. I can't figure out how to get it to sort them correctly because when I reply it sends my replies to the wrong person also.....

Advertisement
  2. pkopalek

pkopalek Well-Known Member

Delete all of your contacts.

DO NOT re-sync with Google.

Try sending texts to their phone numbers, and having conversations like this.

If all of the threads stay together like they're supposed to, start manually building your contacts CAREfully.

Your Google contact list is all jacked up. I'll about guarantee it.

3. jdarrt

I really like the auto sync feature so I might try setting up a new google account and use that. Maybe that will set everything up right..

4. jdarrt

ok so I set up a completely new google account, reconfigured my phone and it still does it.... I don;'t know wtf to do..

5. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

Have you spoked to Verizon or HTC about this? Seems like it may be a defective phone

6. pkopalek

pkopalek Well-Known Member

No, I'm saying with NO one in your phone book,

what happens to your message threads?

7. n1ghtwish

n1ghtwish Well-Known Member

I actually had something similar happen to me the other day, but it only happened once. I was sending a text to this girl and it showed that I was sending it to my ex girlfriend... naturally, I flipped and closed out of everything and went back in and it had fixed itself.

*wipes sweat off face*

8. jdarrt

well, I called HTC and they said this... then I called Verizon and they said just to take the phone in a swap it out. luckily I was within my 30 days so I got a brand new one. long story short problem is fixed. The verizon tech said it was probably the os install was corrupt and doing a factory reset wouldn't fix it.