• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Baked Snacks 1.8

I'm new to rooting my EVO but have tried a few ROMS (warm2.2, fresh, and a Froyo off of rom manager) and decided to go to bakesnacks website. I was browsing through the list and noticed 6 kernels. My question here is do I unzip backsnack and then unzip the kernel in recovery? Also I can't download kernel 6. It doesn't seem to be a link. Do I need to make a donation to get it?

Thanks

Upvote 0
I'm new to rooting my EVO but have tried a few ROMS (warm2.2, fresh, and a Froyo off of rom manager) and decided to go to bakesnacks website. I was browsing through the list and noticed 6 kernels. My question here is do I unzip backsnack and then unzip the kernel in recovery? Also I can't download kernel 6. It doesn't seem to be a link. Do I need to make a donation to get it?

Thanks

You can do a Flash from SD Card and select the baked rom zip and it will update the rom which already include the kernel. Supposedly 1.7 and 1.8 has kernel 6 built in. If you need the kernel separate it isn't out for release right now and can only be acquired by registering.

Upvote 0
How are you guys doing on battery life with baked snack? I forgot to take a snapshot but I was running on about 16 hours with light usage on 1.7...I think I saw some Fresh ROMs w/ longer battery than that. I'll try to post one tomorrow.

edit: Oh, I guess it saves it :)

batterywl.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones