BakedSnack Battery Life

Last Updated:

1. BDoC12

BDoC12 Member This Topic's Starter

Hey all,

I am running BakedSnack 1.7 pretty much "stock" with the exception of running Launcher Pro instead of sense. I have no overclocking at all. My phone has been unplugged for about an hour and a half and my battery is down to 80%. Just wanted to see what everyone else was running and how that was effecting your battery life.

Advertisement
  2. wake69

wake69 Well-Known Member

I am running Fresh 3.2, Netarchy Kernel, Underclocked, using launcher pro, calibrated my battery which i really dont think did much, except i now do not see the quick 10-20% drop, and am getting about 24+/- per charge with moderate usage. 3-4 hrs phone, 50-100 texts 1-2 hrs of web

If you are wondering how i did this, this is how:

1. Turn the EVO on and charge it until the LED indicator turns green.
    2. Unplug it and turn it off.
    3. Plug it back in and charge until the LED indicator turns green.
    4. Unplug it and turn it on.
    5. Once powered on completely, turn it off again.
    6. Plug it back in and charge until the LED turns green.
    7. Unplug it, turn it on, and use it normally.

3. Putty

Putty Well-Known Member

I keep seeing this so I am trying it right now.

I am running BS 1.5...I have been reading issues with 1.7 over on XDA...reason I am not on it. I suggest you change the kernel. It comes with Kernel 6 I believe. I think 4 and 1 offer best batt life. Then I suggest you get SetCPU and follow this
    http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all...flock-disabler-save-battery-underclock-2.html

However, with BS, you won't have an "On Demand" option. I use conservative instead.

4. Putty

Putty Well-Known Member

OK, I just completed the steps Wake just mentioned. I'll see if it works. My phone could charge all day and soon as I take it off, it would drove to 98% within a minute.

5. BDoC12

Figured out why my battery was draining so quickly. It was due to the fact that from the time i unplugged it at 8 AM the phone was "awake" constantly. Wasnt sure what it was from though. I rebooted it and it seems to be working fine now.

I am going to try out the SetCPU tonight and see where that gets me.

6. jeremylobaugh

jeremylobaugh Well-Known Member

I am running the base BS 1.7 with the #6 kernel and have awesome battery life. With 55 hours of up time, I only had 10 hours of awake time, and 8 of that was while the handset was charging.

I have not encountered any bugs yet, been running this ROM for about 4 days now.

7. aznmode

aznmode Well-Known Member

Good to know I just updated to 1.7 last night. Are you using setcpu? I'm afraid to use it since it sometimes causes the phone to lag intermittently.

8. BDoC12

Sense or Launcher Pro?