• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
+2

IMO while IOWA can be acerbic and even sometimes confrontational, I think for the most part he's a very positive part for this forum, and truly seems to want to make this a more enjoyable place for all here. I can't say that I feel the same way about the other guy. Again, just IMO.

Sorry in advance if the Mods feel I've said too much.

Upvote 0
+2

IMO while IOWA can be acerbic and even sometimes confrontational, I think for the most part he's a very positive part for this forum, and truly seems to want to make this a more enjoyable place for all here. I can't say that I feel the same way about the other guy. Again, just IMO.

Much agreed! Although I had some confrontations with IOWA on some topics, we were fine with many others. The other guy though, I can't even think of any moment when he was trying to be a positive "force" for the forums. Just negativity all the time. That's not what a good member is. Any outsider who looks at his post history will immediately think that he's an Apple fanboy who has come to an Android forum to mess with them. That's it. Simple as that. The only person who would refute that is the "one who shall not be named".

Upvote 0
Well I havent been on this forum in a while and it seems like nothing has changed. The mods think they are God and theyre ban happy... thats the bottom line... They demand respect and when people dont bow down, they get pissed and Ban you or give you "infractions"

How are they ban happy? Break the rules and you get infractions. Get too many infractions and you're banned. What forum doesn't do that? If you don't like how things are run, leave. Go start your own forum if you think you know how one should be run.

Reactions: TheBrit
Upvote 0
Much agreed! Although I had some confrontations with IOWA on some topics, we were fine with many others. The other guy though, I can't even think of any moment when he was trying to be a positive "force" for the forums. Just negativity all the time. That's not what a good member is. Any outsider who looks at his post history will immediately think that he's an Apple fanboy who has come to an Android forum to mess with them. That's it. Simple as that. The only person who would refute that is the "one who shall not be named".

+4

But I've seen TWO useful posts that he's done... and probably 500 that are just plain negative.

Trident said:
How are they ban happy? Break the rules and you get infractions. Get too many infractions and you're banned. What forum doesn't do that? If you don't like how things are run, leave. Go start your own forum if you think you know how one should be run.

Couldn't agree with this more.

Upvote 0
Well I havent been on this forum in a while and it seems like nothing has changed. The mods think they are God and theyre ban happy... thats the bottom line... They demand respect and when people dont bow down, they get pissed and Ban you or give you "infractions"

How many forums do you visit? A forum is NOT a democracy. Mods have basically supreme power, which is needed. The mods here seem to be lenient compared to other forums I visit.

Reactions: TheBrit
Upvote 0

Sigh. I see you haven't changed. You have no idea how much leeway those two got - nor the story on this situation. But thanks for your usual anti-authority canned response.

Slightly related note - what a coincidence you seem to have gravitated right to the drama on your return.

Upvote 0

When you've admitted to not being around in a while, do you really think you're in a good position to comment on the current situation being discussed in this thread?

Upvote 0
I love it! This is just my opinion and hey everyone has one... Im not saying you have to agree with me and Im not even asking anyone to agree. I am a member of quiet a bit of other forums and I dont think ANY of them are remotely close to the ban happy mods on this one. Like I said though... thats just my opinion. However i do find it funny that this forum is full of "im such a good boy, mod riders". As for iowa... I know he pushes the limit like every time he posts, but at least he isnt scared to speak his mind in fear of being banned.... Sheep

Upvote 0
We follow the rules so we're sheep? This is an informative community that I enjoy, plus I'm usually not a dick so it's easy to stay in the parameters. Mods need the power they have to squash the idiots that feel like toughguys when they're on the web. If they couldn't ban at will, most forums would be flamefests.

And both IOWA and mbell we're given fair warning. I could tell they we're both asking for bans.

Upvote 0
I love it! This is just my opinion and hey everyone has one... Im not saying you have to agree with me and Im not even asking anyone to agree. I am a member of quiet a bit of other forums and I dont think ANY of them are remotely close to the ban happy mods on this one. Like I said though... thats just my opinion. However i do find it funny that this forum is full of "im such a good boy, mod riders". As for iowa... I know he pushes the limit like every time he posts, but at least he isnt scared to speak his mind in fear of being banned.... Sheep

So. You're saying you "know he pushes the limit like every time he posts", but upon his temp ban after warnings after walking the line for as long as he has... we're ban happy. Got it!

Listen man. I know you're one of those .. stir stuff up, be that guy, then scream oppression when you're asked to stop.. type guys. But seriously. If you're going to be active here, do something other than gripe about how above everyone you are and how those who act civil around here are sheep and blah blah blah.

Thanks.

Upvote 0
im not saying im above anyone.... I dont even think Im being uncivil. Im not calling anyone foul names or anything like that. All Im doing it stating my opinion and it seems like since my opinion doesnt match yours or the other guys my opinion is automatically wrong...... have a good night guys... and as for troll... i guess if your definition for troll is someone who's opinion differs from the rest of the crowds. Then Troll I am! If Im a troll will you be the billy goat please???

Upvote 0
I know it takes all kinds to make the world go round, and I wouldn't want it any other way. BUT, we're all here to learn something, and to contribute what we know for the good of the community. Conflict can be productive, and helpful, but not just for the sake of itself... I get pi$$ed at how uncivilized some people on forums can be with the toughness of a computer screen between them. Act like you would in public, and if you want to be "that guy" and get banned, then watch from the outside, and don't complain about rules you agreed to follow when you became a member.

Upvote 0
So. You're saying you "know he pushes the limit like every time he posts", but upon his temp ban after warnings after walking the line for as long as he has... we're ban happy. Got it!

Listen man. I know you're one of those .. stir stuff up, be that guy, then scream oppression when you're asked to stop.. type guys. But seriously. If you're going to be active here, do something other than gripe about how above everyone you are and how those who act civil around here are sheep and blah blah blah.

Thanks.

Why not just ban the guy. He'll finally be happy that the "ban happy" mods banned him for no good reason. :D

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones