• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help bAnnoying cant delete video or pics off htc

Hi There can't seem.to delete pics or video from HTC desire. I deleted took batt out opened gallery, still there. Wiped the SD card formatted still there deleted each one on its own and there still there. I even done a factory reset and yes you guessed it there still there.
Any ideas please
Thanks in advance

Hello, m88arx.

Connect your device to your computer via USB and remove the files from your sd card to another folder outside of the sd card or right click each one and select "delete."

Be sure to have "USB Debugging" selected in menu > settings > applications > development prior to plugging your USB cable into the computer/device.

You'll be prompted by the phone to choose between "charge only" and "move files," the wording is a bit different from OS to OS. ;)

Reactions: m88arx
Upvote 0
Hi and thanks for a speedy reply,i will tell you what i did and tell me if i done this wrong or not.

I turned on usb debugging
plugged in the usb lead (I can select charge only or mount as disk drive) i chosen the later
went to dcim file and deleted each one and also deleted the .thumbnails file also turned off the phone took battery out turned phone back on again
and they were still there

what am I doing wrong
I have deleted these now 92 times and counting

thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones