bar code scanners

Last Updated:

1. c64

c64 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm having problems with scanning bar codes & QB codes. I'm using ixmat app for qb codes and barcode scanner app. are there any better apps? Any tips on using these apps?

this might sound like a stupid question, but can qb codes be scanned right off the monitor or do i have to print it out first?

Advertisement
  2. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

If the camera can see the monitor without a lot of light interference, you should probably be able to read the code just fine. As far as I know, it just looks for patterns. I personally like ShopSavvy for barcode scanning, but mainly because of the features. The focusing is about the same in both apps.

If you're having trouble with the autofocus, try changing your camera setting to "action". That seems to have helped some people, though it honestly didn't do me any good.

3. virtus

virtus Well-Known Member

I prefer ShopSavvy for shopping - I keep bar code scanner so I can scan the square QR codes.

I've found that barcode scanning works better when I don't try to fill the entire targeting box with the bar code. If I back the phone away a bit I always get fast locks - especially now that the camera is working!

4. eclipsed4utoo

eclipsed4utoo Well-Known Member

I used the Barcoder Scanner app to read a qb code off of my monitor.

5. cozy73

cozy73 New Member

How do you create a barcode with your information and save it? I've noticed that some have a barcode signature and was wondering how to create my own.

6. edthesped

edthesped Member

Try this....

QR-Code Generator

7. oceanlight

oceanlight Well-Known Member

8. PridgNYC

PridgNYC Well-Known Member

Bar code scanning for me worked much better when I changed the camera focus mode to macro, of course this was before the camera fixed itself, I haven't tried it since. I also scan the qr codes right off the monitor.

9. c64

c64 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i tried cleaning the lens.changing to macro,infinity,action and it won't scan of monitor.It takes pics find and bar code reader works.:mad:

10. bamaredwingsfan

bamaredwingsfan Well-Known Member

I tried to generate one of those bar codes with my contact info in it, and it couldn't do it. Can you only encode certain info into these?

11. syntrix

syntrix Well-Known Member

I did some test ones on an lcd with barcode scanner, worked quick and fast, even very complex ones!

12. eclipsed4utoo

eclipsed4utoo Well-Known Member

They can be scanned right off the screen.

13. aaronmach1

aaronmach1 Well-Known Member

ya it works i just scanned his avatar pic!

14. mike84

mike84 Member

I use barcode scanner by ZXing Team and find I almost never have trouble scanning barcodes or QR codes (even off my comp monitor it works fine) It also is pretty good at finding products etc. I spent an extra half hour at the grocery store this morning just scanning stuff (it was so much fun! :D) and I think i only encountered "product not found" once, and that was using "product search" if i used "web search" it found somthing everytime.

I have been hearing some good things about shopsavy though so i will have to try that out.

15. Crude

Crude Well-Known Member

The program bar code scanner will also create Qr codes to transfer contacts in your address book and book marks from your browser. It can then be scanned right off your screen by another qr scanner....just an fyi