• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Barcode Analyser?

Nifty62

Dec 15, 2012
Hey all,

I'm looking for a barcode scanner that isn't just a shopping assistant.

I want one that shows me the raw data from the code.

I'm trying to make an application that will help me at work by allowing me to scan a barcode and then use the information to place the item in my audit software.

Is there anything like that?

There are a number of barcode readers in the Play Store. Just search Barcode Reader and you will find several, and most of the top ones (at least for me) are not shopping apps. As mentioned though Google Goggles is good. Personally I use Barcode Scanner by ZXing but really any of them should do.

It sounds like what you really need is a reader that can read the barcode and record it in a file format that your audit program can import. To that effect you may want look for an Inventorying app. One app that I use is ScanPet which will scan a barcode and then put it in an Excel file.

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones