Barcode/image scanners

Last Updated:

1. kraze0g

kraze0g Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i stopped using the barcode/image scanner apps because of that annoying clicking noise it makes CONSTANTLY when its autofocusing, also for the fact it was a pain to get it to grab the image/barcode -- but i just tried the apps again, specifically Google Shopper and it works great! you don't even have to hold the darn droid sideways which i hated too.

btw is that constant clicking when autofocusing annoying to anyone else? there is no way to disable it is there? (my friend has an eris and is like WTH is that clicking noise when i was using barcode scanner).

Advertisement
  2. barry99705

barry99705 Well-Known Member

Well you can take the phone apart and superglue the focus assemble in place. That will stop the clicking noise.

3. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm just more machine-minded, but I happen to like that clicking sound. Then again, I like all the other camera sounds as well.

4. Psychokitty

Psychokitty Well-Known Member

You're complaining because the the camera's auto-focus isn't as quiet a $5000 Canon Eos?

5. SharonW

SharonW Well-Known Member

I use ShopSavvy and have never noticed any clicking. In fact I just tried it again after reading this to see if I just wasn't noticing it or what. I didn't hear anything until it clicked to take the pic.

6. kraze0g

kraze0g Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

well i read on previous threads (also had an .mp3 of the sound on it) and also talked to verizon. it is just the auto-focusing mechanism... the excuse they are using for why i am hearing it as being 'loud' is simply because when i had my eris it is absolutely silent. they said im used to the eris' silence and will get used to the droids clicking. what an answer! we went through their store today on their 7-8 'sample phones' out on the floor and all of them made the clicking noise. luckily i dont use the barcode scanner much so i dont have to hear it.. and luckily there isn't a bomb in my phone!

september can't come soon enough when i find out what new phone im gonna get, i love the droid minus the quirks. learned my lesson about doing anything with verizon past a 1 year contract.

7. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Well, Jen, the clicking noise is something that is there in most ROMs - I personally like it, and this is nothing near as bad as when it had the focus issue - then it would continually click while never focusing, if you can imaging that.

I use the barcode scanner a lot, but I don't mind the clicking noise - the capabilities of the phone coupled with my personalization of it more than make up for this and other quirks.

And it seems some folks in here are forgetting the Zero Tolerance policy...