Barcode Scanner: Awesome app, incredibly useful

Last Updated:

1. euph_22

euph_22 Well-Known Member

If you have an android phone, then you MUST install this. Besides being able to scan UPCs to compare prices, it is a great way to download applications or navigate to websites on your phone. Most web browsers have available plugins that display QRcodes for the current website, so if you find a website you want on your phone, instead of writing out a mile long web address or wading through a million google results just point your phone at your computer screen and push a button. One great use I've found this is following recipes I find online. I find a dish I want to make, scan the QR code, and a second and a half I have the whole recipe in my hand. I can take it to the store, in the pantry, wherever I am I can just pull out the recipe. Works great on my Behold 2.

And if nothing else, the satisfying beep makes this app worth installing.

Jeff68005 likes this.
  2. VeryJoyful

VeryJoyful Member

I installed this and I have tried to use it many times. I have successfully scanned bar codes in stores, but then I can never get any information... not from the web nor from Google Shopper. Not much good if there is no data behind it.
  3. mccririck

mccririck Well-Known Member

I have installed it today. It finds information for some things but not everything. It's quite cool how it works, not completely sure it's useful though out in the field. Who knows...