• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Barcode scanner black screen!

bismark

Lurker
Feb 23, 2010
Hi everyone!

This is my first post so i hope i will get some help. I have T-mobile touch with android on it. I want to use Barcode scanner, but when i turn it on, the screen is black, and all i see is that red line on the center. It's like my camera is not turning on. I also tried on my cousins phone (exactly the same) and the Barcode scanner app worked fine. I tried many times all over again but the problem is the same everytime. BTW when i try to take photo my camera is working fine. Please give me some help.

Cheers. :)

I tried many times to reinstal and reboot. Also i've seen the program working properly. It's like seeing through the camera, with the red line in the middle. In my case the screen is black and there is no way to see if i'm pointing the camera (red line) in the proper direction.

Image1.jpg

Image.jpg

as you can see from the pictures i can't position the phone cause i don't see anything.

@bbrosen> i tried again and again the same problem.
:(

Upvote 0
I tried many times to reinstal and reboot. Also i've seen the program working properly. It's like seeing through the camera, with the red line in the middle. In my case the screen is black and there is no way to see if i'm pointing the camera (red line) in the proper direction.

Image1.jpg

Image.jpg

as you can see from the pictures i can't position the phone cause i don't see anything.

@bbrosen> i tried again and again the same problem.
:(

I seee the barcode thru my camera view tho, not just blackscreen, but i do havr the htc hero, so it may be different. have you emailed the app developer for any input they may have? it's a great app if you can get it to work..i love it...anyone out there have this problem at all with this app? especially with the same phone? let me know if you get a hold of the developer...

Upvote 0
I tried ShopSavy also and the problem is same. Also it was about T-mobile Pulse not Touch. I solve it. It's some odd problem with Huawei's firmware inside the Pulse. Shining a very bright light like a flashlight into the camera solves the problem but i have to shine it every time when i use Barcode Scanner. So is it software or hardware problem? Any ides?:eek:

Upvote 0
I tried ShopSavy also and the problem is same. Also it was about T-mobile Pulse not Touch. I solve it. It's some odd problem with Huawei's firmware inside the Pulse. Shining a very bright light like a flashlight into the camera solves the problem but i have to shine it every time when i use Barcode Scanner. So is it software or hardware problem? Any ides?:eek:

Well, the cameraworks otherwise, when used on its own.
Sounds like software issues to me. It is strange how another program does the same thing.
You may want to swap it out under warranty if possible. There may be other things wrong you are not aware of yet because no app you are using has tried to access has accessed another corrupted part of the os.

Sounds like the third party apps are not powering the camera or activating the shutter.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones