Barcode Scanner camera too darkSupport

Last Updated:

1. t0mmmy

t0mmmy New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,

On Samsung Galaxy Apollo (I5801), the Barcode Scanner application display (camera) is too dark on a room with bright light, even on outside.

Anyone has same experience? How to fix this?

Advertisement
  2. stoffell

stoffell Active Member

Working fine out here. It is dark, true, but make sure you keep it as still as possible so it can autofocus correctly.

It does need a lot of light, but normal light or outside should be enough..

cheers

3. t0mmmy

t0mmmy New Member This Topic's Starter

The viewer on Barcode Scanner application is very dark, I cannot see anything, but when I try to view with Camera application, it's ok the view is bright.

Sometimes the Barcode Scanner can work fine (display is bright), but usually not working (display is very dark). Although using Camera application it's normal (display is bright).

My device is Samsung GT-I5801 (Singapore) with this firmware information (from *#1234#):

PDA: I5801DXJH2
    PHONE: I5801DXJG2
    CSC: I5801OLBJH3

What is yours? Should I flash with the latest Asian firmware?

4. stoffell

stoffell Active Member

You should indeed try to flash to the latest official firmware.

It is true that the barcode scanner is 'darker' then normal camera. Same here. But still, the barcode scanning works in 'normal' lighting.

The funny thing is, I have a 5801 also (it really is because the touch keys are those of a 5801, not the regular keys of a 5800) , but my code is:
    PDA: I5800XWJG6
    PHONE: I5800XXJG3
    CSC: I5800MSTJG3

But I'm in Europe so that might be normal.. Unbelievable, all those different versions..