1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Barcode Scanner / Price Compare App

1. Submariner70

Submariner70 Well-Known Member

I was trying Barcode Scanner and Shop Savy from the market. Thought it would be a pretty cool resource to price match items when shopping whether they are on the web or locally.
    I have tried and tried and tried to work the Barcode scanner on the phone with no luck. Tried scanning up close.. a few inches away.. I sit there and sit there and sit there while it supposedly scans but never comes up with anything.

Am I doing something wrong here or are there better apps on the market to price match/shop with. Should i uninstall/reinstall???
    I'd really like to use apps like these.

Tried Google shop too which btw doesn't show on my app list after its installed so i have to pull it up on market to access it. Weird... But that is mainly for cd's, dvd's, books, etc. Things with some type of art or cover.

Advertisement
    :
    smileforever33 likes this.
  2. ShopSavvy rocks for me.. What kind of phone? Android version?

I would say check phone to make sure it is up to date
    unintstall ShopSavvy and reinstall it.
  3. hood420

hood420 Well-Known Member

Shop Savvy and Google Shopper are probably the two most popular, but there are quite a few other ones out there.

Keep in mind that any app like that is only going to come up with items that are sold online/listed on stores' websites. It won't for food, drinks, toiletries or anything like that.
  4. Submariner70

Submariner70 Well-Known Member

Mine is an Incredible v2.2. Uninstalled and reinstalled shop savy.. they just scan and scan and scan. Someone told me clean my camera, I did that too. How far or close are you supposed to be from barcode. It just sits and scans.. occasionally little green dots pop up on various bars of the code but never comes up with anything. Sunlight, inside light...
    Google shopper hasn't been working all that well either..
    I gotta be doing something wrong.
  5. hood420

hood420 Well-Known Member

It could be that your camera on your phone is messed up (perhaps whatever part does the autofocusing). Try using reasonably bright, but not glaring light and move the phone to different distances and angles, it really shouldn't be that tricky to get right, so if it doesn't work, something's up.
  6. wynaut01

wynaut01 New Member

Just wondering if Barcode Scanner can be used anywhere? I mean can it be also used in other country?