1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Barcode Scanner: The barcode app to rule them all.

Last Updated:

1. Wello

Wello Member This Topic's Starter

Jun 7, 2010
    This application is a must-have-app on all phones. It's a barcode scanning app, which can scan numerous of codes, even those on your common food products. A lot of applications like ShopSavvy use this app as the "back-end", so it's a mandatory download.

How to use:
    When you first start the application, the camera will pop up with a red line crossing the center. To scan a barcode, point the device so it fits in the box. After a few seconds the phone will recognize the barcode and the content will then show up automatically. Depending on the information, buttons on the bottom will show up with different actions (like a Google Shopper button if the barcode was for a product). This app should be built-in.

* Every other barcode app is based on this one
    * Accepts many different kinds of barcodes
    * Instant sharing through email and SMS

* The scanning takes a little too long time (about a second, but you can feel it)
    * No Facebook sharing

This app needs to be downloaded, even if you don't like it, because you'll never know when you run into a barcode or two :)

2. Submariner70

Submariner70 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2010
    I was trying Barcode Scanner and Shop Savy from the market. Thought it would be a pretty cool resource to price match items when shopping whether they are on the web or locally.
    I have tried and tried and tried to work the Barcode scanner on the phone with no luck. Tried scanning up close.. a few inches away.. I sit there and sit there and sit there while it supposedly scans but never comes up with anything.

Am I doing something wrong here or are there better apps on the market to price match/shop with. Should i uninstall/reinstall???
    I'd really like to use apps like these.

Tried Google shop too which btw doesn't show on my app list after its installed so i have to pull it up on market to access it. Weird... But that is mainly for cd's, dvd's, books, etc. Things with some type of art or cover.
  3. RussWWFC

RussWWFC Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    Not as nice to use as Redlaser on the iPhone, but still useful nonetheless
  4. pWndYke

pWndYke Banned

Nov 20, 2010