1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Barcode Scanner

Last Updated:

1. kilo2018

kilo2018 Member This Topic's Starter

Hello. I recently downloaded the barcode app and tested it on a jar of Jiff peanut butter here at my office. When I did the product search I found two locations for it here in my area. One for $6.90 and the other at amazon for $50.19. Now I would think that there should be several stores the sell this item and clearly for less than the before mentioned prices.
    What am I doing wrong?
    Thanks in advance for your time and effort.

Sincerely,
    Karl in Colorado

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

The barcode scanner apps arent really meant for groceries. Grocery stores have THOUSANDS of items, and none of them are listed online. Those apps basically only search online sites to get prices in store, so you will only find prices for items that stores have listed online. the apps are really only meant for things like electronics, movies/music, video games, books, etc.

kilo2018 likes this.
  3. skd02

skd02 Well-Known Member

I would probably try more products that you would typically find on the internet (electronics, books, appliances, etc). A grocery store wont typically list products over the internet so it would be harder to list them.

kilo2018 likes this.
  4. kilo2018

kilo2018 Member This Topic's Starter

Now that I understand. Just tried it on electronics and it works flawlessly.
    Thanks again.

Karl in Colorado