1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Barcode-scanning app on Galaxy NexusSupport

1. asres

asres Active Member

2 questions:
    a. Does this device capable of scanning barcode?
    b. What app do you suggest to download?

Thnx guys!

Advertisement
    :
  2. CharlzO

CharlzO Well-Known Member

a, yes, it handles it just fine
    b, there are a bunch out there, I've used Barcode Scanner just fine for a while now. There are also others like Shop Savvy, etc. A market search for 'Barcode Scanner' should give you plenty of options :)
  3. Lohung

Lohung Well-Known Member

1: yes it is capable of reading all the type of barcodes and whatever the other ones are called where it scans from a magazine and takes you to a website or gives youa coupon.

2: a lot of people have difference's of opinions but have tried A LOT of different ones and the one i say is a MUST HAVE app in GENERAL let a lone for this topic is Google Shopper. It is FREE, and the nice thing about it is it will scan literally anything. You scan a barcode or whateer, it will then search the internet for the lowest prices, ebay,amazon etc... but also what it does it uses the GPS (or if you set a default area) and scan the website for the local STORE IN YOU AREA and tell you their prices also. We're talking walmart target bestbuy, basically any store that has a website lol.

THE COOLEST thing it does is lets say you have a book or a CD or DVD you want. Instead of scanning the bar code you can just scan the front cover of the book/CD/DVD and it will find it for you lol. So if the barcode is messed up or if it doesnt have one for whatever reason or sometimes they will have an older version of a book and they had some revisions done but you want the OLDER book cause w/e reason (this has happened to me) you can scan the front cover because a lot of times the Newer copies of the book are on the same barecode. Works REALLY good.

you have to get this one. i have tried 7 different scanning things and Googleshopper is the best hands down
  4. darkuni

darkuni Well-Known Member

If the end game is scanning media into a collection (movies, games etc) might I suggest Media Tracker?

Oh and along with Google Shopper, grab Amazon's app too.
  5. BubbaNexus

BubbaNexus Well-Known Member

i have google gogles and red laser. they work great.
  6. jse2480

jse2480 Active Member

Barcode Scanner is pretty simple and works well. It will also generate QR codes for you, to share contact info with someone else (they scan the code on your phone), if that's something you're interested in.
  7. Dagr

Dagr Well-Known Member

I really like Google Goggles. :) + it has a cool name. ;)
  8. steevo1

steevo1 Well-Known Member

Fooducate is a good one if you are interested in eating healthy.
  9. asres

asres Active Member

Thnx guys for the information! Appreciate a lot!

Just one more question, how does the scanning work on the samsung galaxy nexus? Is it like using the device's camera and taking a picture on the barcode?
  10. s.m.knipe

s.m.knipe Well-Known Member

Yeah, just without snapping a pic... just hold the barcode in the viewfinder for a second or too...
  11. asres

asres Active Member

Do I have to open the app and the camera first, then focus the viewfinder to the barcode?
  12. s.m.knipe

s.m.knipe Well-Known Member

Just the app, it has its own built-in viewfinder/camera app that uses the physical camera
  13. krouget

krouget Well-Known Member

If you go with Google Goggles, I believe it has an option to scan photos that you take with the normal camera, too.
  14. pcloadletter

pcloadletter Active Member

The amazon price checker app is kinda fun.