• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Barcode scanning problem

FastNOC

Aug 10, 2013
Something is really goofy here and i've searched but can't find anything on this problem.

No matter what bar code scanner i install, when i go to scan, the picture is very distorted, and the orientation is really bizarre. it's hard to explain but it looks in the window like the camera is leaning way back, and it doesn't move like you'd expect. it's almost like everything is backwards. i mean it's not, but it's very hard to control like that. it's probably zoomed in or something. I can't explain it very well. for one thing it's sideways, not in the right orientation to begin with. but even so, it is so distorted it can't read the code.

but it will not work right with any bardcode scanner. i can reboot the camera and SOME apps will work one time. then it borks again an does the same thing on all apps. yet the camera program itself works just fine.

I'm frustrated here, i need to set up an inventory system, and this thing distorts things so badly it can't read any barcodes

anyone heard of this?

I'm using a galaxy s4

cripes. nevermind, 4 hours latger and i figured it out. that always happens. i look and look and look and right after i ask for help i find out myself lol

it's because i was using a screen rotator program. apparently it rotated the app, but not the orientation of the camera.

how strange.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones