1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Barnacle disconnects when phone goes idle/screen turns off

Last Updated:

1. jorge78041

jorge78041 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum, I came looking for help with the barnacle app and found a great forum for everything android, I am sure it will come handy.

My problem is that my barnacle app disconnects when the phone screen turns off. I stay connected to the barnacle wifi signal but no Internet, in the barnacle app I get connection errors, I just need to stop the service and restart for the problem to be fixed, this only happens when the screen turns off so now I have the screen always on when tethering but that is not good form the battery.

I have auto killer installed, I tought that it was the problem, and that auto killer was turning off the service but I uninstalled auto killer and problem persists, I have no other task manager installed.

Thank you.

My phone is the kyocera Zio and it is running android 1.5 Cricket wireless is my company

Advertisement
  2. wiltse22

wiltse22 New Member

I'm having the same problem. Is there any way to keep barnacle working after the screen times out? Or is there a better working app for wifi tethering that doesn't do this?