• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Barnes and Noble book reader

Does anyone know if the Barnes and Noble book reader will work on the Android system? I only see downloads for Iphone and Blackberry, yet somewhere on their site it says it works on Android.

I do not believe that they will work...however, there is a beta reader at ereader.com for the android system. It is not available in the Market so you would be required to install it via their instructions. Being a beta release, it is limited. It will read B&N DRM protected books in pdb format, but I had to copy the downloaded B&N books from my pc to an eReader folder on my Eris. Some B&N books were in DRM protected epub format and eReader will not open those. eReader.com shows that it is a Barned & Noble company, so I'm guessing that access to their books will get easier.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones