1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Barnes and Noble book reader

Last Updated:

1. Blizzard

Blizzard Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Does anyone know if the Barnes and Noble book reader will work on the Android system? I only see downloads for Iphone and Blackberry, yet somewhere on their site it says it works on Android.

Advertisement
  2. vido.ardes

vido.ardes Well-Known Member

3. el viejo

el viejo Well-Known Member

I do not believe that they will work...however, there is a beta reader at ereader.com for the android system. It is not available in the Market so you would be required to install it via their instructions. Being a beta release, it is limited. It will read B&N DRM protected books in pdb format, but I had to copy the downloaded B&N books from my pc to an eReader folder on my Eris. Some B&N books were in DRM protected epub format and eReader will not open those. eReader.com shows that it is a Barned & Noble company, so I'm guessing that access to their books will get easier.

4. craigrn16

craigrn16 Well-Known Member

I use ereader on my droid. You can't download it from the market but it's a part of banes and nobles. I know this because the coupons they send in my email always says banes and nobles on it. O downlaoad everything from my phone. Try it.

5. dzine2fit

dzine2fit Well-Known Member

Ereader rocks :D

6. Lemurion

Lemurion Well-Known Member

eReader works very well - and it links in with both eReader.com and Fictionwise.com so you can download your books from within the app.