• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] [BASE] Deodexed Dump [12B] (TEST)

Wedding? Congrats ;)

Thank you. That's what has been keeping me. But because I am now between jobs, I now have a moment to try it again. And I figured out the problem, and and working on it right now.

I also forgot to clear data in the script... But I fixed that as well. I also would like to show people how to unbrick and save data from this if they /in to spaced/ there phone on my watch. I know I really don't have to.. but it's freaking simple. Just (with CWM installed fool + backup) do a factory hard reset, and it will pop into CWM........ simple...

Upvote 0
Thank you. That's what has been keeping me. But because I am now between jobs, I now have a moment to try it again. And I figured out the problem, and and working on it right now.

I also forgot to clear data in the script... But I fixed that as well. I also would like to show people how to unbrick and save data from this if they /in to spaced/ there phone on my watch. I know I really don't have to.. but it's freaking simple. Just (with CWM installed fool + backup) do a factory hard reset, and it will pop into CWM........ simple...
I got it unbricked, but it wasn't easy. I did a factory reset, then CWM wouldn't work, claiming /data couldn't be mounted. So I just tried booting into Android and it worked, so I had to re-root it, install CWM again, then restore from a backup. Not the easiest thing to do.

Upvote 0
Updated link...

I advise you, results may vary until I am done testing everything.. I feel it's not fair to not share..

And remember, the install and the bootup might take a bit..

it's still not working.. I am not sure why.

I tested the rom (v2) by flashing it only n restore from back up... somehow if we do a backup from with the cmrecovery does not wrk only by restoring from nandroid backup. I DID NOT TESTED FUNCTIONALITY OF ROM.. so i'll let u wrk a bit more to see what u or anyone w/more xperiace can find. Thnx for ur wrk.

Upvote 0
I wonder how many people are actually using this?

Thank you for this. I just ordered my phone and should have it by Monday or Tuesday. I am glad we already have an easy root method with Saferoot, and we even have CWM and this deoxed rom. Props to all who put their time into this. This is the perfect ROM for me because I like customizing my phone from a base. The only things I would like to add to this ROM are init.d support and the build.prop tweaks from your other rom.

I used towel root it works

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones