• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Baseband Downgrade to .01P the EASY way!!! (update.zip)

Okay since I'm still learning forgive me if this is a dumb question, but if I have poor signal at my house would this baseband possbily fix it? also, I just overclocked on cynagens rom, will this baseband mess that up in any way?

It might help, from what we are hearing it is sort of a mixed bag... It helps some and some are fine with the upgraded one... It really is a try it and see sort of thing.

The baseband is installed at a lower level then roms and kernels, so it will not be touched when you flash a new rom or kernel, even if you wipe. The only way to change it at all is to flash a new baseband :)

(it also will not touch your current rom or kernel in anyway...)

Upvote 0
It might help, from what we are hearing it is sort of a mixed bag... It helps some and some are fine with the upgraded one... It really is a try it and see sort of thing.

The baseband is installed at a lower level then roms and kernels, so it will not be touched when you flash a new rom or kernel, even if you wipe. The only way to change it at all is to flash a new baseband :)

(it also will not touch your current rom or kernel in anyway...)

interesting. So i just need to download rename it as update.zip and let it run?

I may try it this evening.

Upvote 0
Well it was good while it lasted. After, what is it now, six days my 3g speeds have gone down the tubes again. I really can't understand how this works? I think the same thing happened when I got the .03p baseband back with the 2.1 update, was enjoying great speeds and then poof, turned crap.

Upvote 0
I've had the new baseband on for so long I forgot how it was like to have 3G in my basement. Thank you very much, I have 3G now!

*EDIT.

Well I have mixed results. I think I might go back to the new baseband because even though I get 3G in my basement now, its kinda sacrificed. First of all I have 55% time without signal in my Cell Standby, and I don't believe I had this problem with the new one. I guess I'll have to give up my working 3G for connection.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones