• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Baseband update question

netizenmt

Android Enthusiast
Oct 3, 2010
Mansfield, OH
"-Baseband Version VS740MVB.5210.1015: (new radio.img)
Flash this just like a kernel. You must reboot into recovery once more after installing to wipe your cache.
*Only flash once! I cannot be held liable for any damage caused to your device by flashing this!"

If you back rev to Velocity 0.2 from Velocity 0.3, do you need to redo the Baseband update, or is it permanent?

is there some secret to this? i've tried updating my radio through hboot when it's named PB31IMG.zip or renamed to update.zip. i've md5 summed the file. i've tried to update through ClockworkMod, i've wiped the cache (through ClockworkMod) after i update. i've booted and rebooted and i'm still stuck on 1.00.03.04.06.

i have a droid incredible running Cyanogen 6.0.1, S-Off.

one thing to note is when i get into hboot it scans my sdcard and prints out a couple filenames like update.zip and PB31IMG.zip, and they all say either "no image!" or "no image or wrong image!"

.:EDIT:. i recorded a video of the hboot screen, now i know exactly what it says. right now the baseband .zip is named "PB31IMG.zip" and on the root of my sdcard.
Code:
SD Checking...
Loading...[PB31DIAG.zip]
No image!
Loading...[PB31DIAG.nbh]
No image or wrong image!
Loading...[PB31IMG.zip]
No image!
Loading...[PB31IMG.nbh]
No image or wrong image!
notice how it says "no image!" when PB31IMG.zip is on the card, and seems to infer PB31DIAG.nbh and PB31IMG.nbh are somehow different (because they get a different error)

Upvote 0
Wow. You have an old baseband mine reads 2.15.00.07.28 whats your software number? mine is 3.26.605.1
this was from the stock ROM:
Code:
Model: ADR6300
Hardware: 00002
Firmware: 2.1-update1
Baseband: 1.00.03.04.06
Kernel: 2.6.29-cc1c2268
        htc-kernel@and18-2 #1
build: 1.22.605.2 CL161494 release-keys
Software number: 1.22.605.2
Browser: WebKit 3.1
PRI: 1.28_002
ERI: 5

but i recently updated to Cyanogen 6.0.1 so i dont know exactly which software youre asking about, i cant find anything in the "about phone" mentioning software on this ROM.

btw, my radio was the official eclair radio, i'm pretty sure it was the last or second to- of the 1.XX series

Upvote 0
i'm running froyo now, specifically CyanogenMod 6.0.1

that code snippet from my last post is from my "about phone" BEFORE i updated to CM. i posted it to you could see where i came from, for example why my radio was so old.

my signature reflects my phone currently.

.:EDIT:. seeing as how i've kind of derailed this thread into a discussion about an incredible, and this is the Ally forum, should i start a new thread on the Inc board?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones