Basebands All of them in One Spot

Last Updated:

1. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member This Topic's Starter

Been a lot of talk about signal and basebands recently so I thought it would be best to have a spot with all of them

Original Baseband Credit to Billgalbreath for the zip
    C_01.3E.01P

Second Baseband Credit to tehsteve for the zip
    C_01.3E.03P

Third Baseband Credit to P3Droid for the zip
    C_01.41.00R

Fourth Baseband Credit to P3Droid for the zip (Note flashing this baseband requires C_01.41.00R is already on your phone.)
    C_01.43.01P

Fourth Baseband again Credit to Pete for the zip. (This one can be flashed over any baseband.)
    C_01.43.01P

Advertisement
    klon22, shizzy1427, dew912 and 8 others like this.
  2. crosschecking

crosschecking Well-Known Member

3. OMJ

crosschecking likes this.
  4. digdug1

digdug1 Well-Known Member

I think this should be a sticky

5. OMJ

Its in the Guide to all things root related sticky. I made this so there could be some discussion about it as well

6. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid Well-Known Member

I just tried that link and I'm not sure it is good. However, these two are:

Index of /pete/Pete/Baseband

Peter Alfonso: Downloads

OMJ likes this.
  7. OMJ

8. SoDroid

SoDroid Well-Known Member

Do you have suggestions in terms which baseband to download? I'm still on the original because I've read a lot of mixed reviews concerning updating the baseband. What I have works fine so I've been hesitant to move on. But with so many iterations and new basebands, I assume one of them must be pretty darn good.

9. digdug1

i have tried all the basebands and each one yields different 3g speeds. my personal best was with petes all in one. it should be noted however that basebands seem to be location specific. meaning you will just have to try them out and find which one works best for you. download speedtest.net and give each one a try. remember to update your towers after each download.

SoDroid likes this.
  10. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid Well-Known Member

Hmmmmmm, when I tried it (from 2 different computers), the DF thread link worked, but the download link took me to Android Overdrive and the message: "Sorry, but you are looking for something that isn't here."

11. OMJ

The Basebands are very geographically specific it seems. For me they are all great. I live in an area that has fantastic 3g coverage though. When I was on vacation I was switching to 1x all the time though so I tried another baseband and it was much better. Gotta test them unless someone else in your area has done the leg work already

SoDroid likes this.
  12. SoDroid

Thanks for the responses Dig Dug and OMJ. I'll just have to test and check. Guess I'll start with Pete's all in one. Sounds fairly encompassing ;)

Do I update the towers by calling *228?

13. digdug1

yes

14. djkeller3

djkeller3 Well-Known Member

In my area in Kentucky, the only one that works for me is C_01.41.00R. OMJ and Digdug1 are right, you have to try them all.

I think this should be a SEPARATE STICKY.

15. SoDroid

Thanks for the info DJ, and I agree, this should be stickied. Good info in here.

16. OMJ

Another note on this. I switched my baseband 4 or 5 times yesterday making sure that these files were right. I had almost constant switching between 3g and 1x throughout the evening. Today its much better. I am not really sure how basebands work but it seems to me that they might need a day or so to calm down after being switched.

17. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

I know you have to be rooted to change these, but do you have to have a ROM as well. I just rooted and stopped there for now, but since the 2.01 to 2.1 update my signal sucked and I have been watching the baseband talk - one of my top 5 reasons to root - at the time and wanted to go back to what I had prior to 2.1..

so, will having just root allow me to do this? and any suggestion on what might have been in the original 2.0.1 version of Droid? is that what your calling "C_01.3E.01P" - from 2.0.1?

18. digdug1

yes that is the original baseband. you can install with rom manager under stock images.

19. OMJ

as long as you have a custom recovery you can flash these. Correct thats the baseband from 2.0.1

20. Lock-N-Load

thanks guys..

downloaded the ROM Manager + ClockworkMod Recovery and doing a ROM backup right now as my first things first. then, I will give the C_01.3E.01P a whirl and see if I can get back the 3-4 bars I had before the 2.1 update.

21. Lock-N-Load

there is no C_01.3E.01P listed, just 4 shown and one called "Verizon Droid 2.0.1 Stock" - are these the same?

or is it best to download C_01.3E.01P right from this link, save to SD and do an "install ROM from SD card"?

22. digdug1

yes that is the original baseband in rom manager. 2.0.1 is what you are looking for. but you may wanna try 01.43.01p later lots of people report good things with it.

23. Lock-N-Load

thanks for that tip, looks like to do that one, you must install C_01.41.00R first

If I have c_01.36.03p now, how would you get back to your current one IF needed?

24. digdug1

if you mean 01.3e.03p download it from this thread and install on your phone and use rom manager to install from sd card. or you could go to this thread with your phone and install it directly on your phone like you would your computer it will install directly to your sd card

25. Lock-N-Load

no, I mean I have c_01.36.03p currently and do not see it on this list, so wonder if there is a way to back it up or grab it incase I want/need to go back for some reason.