• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Basic Install for Testing App

cdr478s

Lurker
Jul 7, 2010
I have a question on installation. We are having a third party develop an app for us and our web designer wants to be able to use android sdk to look at it and make sure it works (will just be telling them whats wrong and they fix it). And he wants to take screenshots. Can I just install the Android SDK for what he is wanting to do, or do I need to go through the whole step-by-step process outlined in the sticky including the installation of JDK and the Eclipse environment? I have noticed that with just the Android SDK, and then creating an AVD, it will run and I believe he could even use the browser to test a mobile site, but I am unsure if its even possible to load the app without the Eclipse environment. Whatever method I come up with, needs to be fairly simple to use.

Thanks for any pointers and help.

Thank-you for your reply. If we will be using SnagIt screen capture on Windows, will we still need to use DDMS? I see that DDMS only runs from command prompt, is that correct? I would like to try to set this up if possible so he does not have to use command prompt. If there is an easier way to run an app, please let me know.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones