Basic phone book questionsSupport

Last Updated:

1. DroidRick

DroidRick Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Basic phone book questions
    -how many phone books with contacts can you have?
    -i can't see any obvious way of adding a second phone book with contacts. Am I missing something?
    -where is the phone book with your contacts stored?
    -can you copy this phone book file, complete with all of its contacts, photos etc.to your external sd card? When you export your contacts is this what you are doing?

Advertisement
  2. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

- 4. One for the phone, one for the sim card, one for gmail, and one for facebook.

-what do you mean?

-somewhere deep in /system. Probably.

-you can export using kies. Export to sd should export everything stored on your phone, but probably not the others.

3. goyal.sanchit

goyal.sanchit Well-Known Member

- Virtually unlimited.

- ??

- In the phone memory I guess. You can export the phonebook in .vcf format right through the phone incase you dont want to use Kies.

- Partially correct. I dont guess even photos are exported. Apart from that details are exported.

4. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

Well, I suppose that you can have multiple gmail accounts...

5. DroidRick

It's not clear from above which questions you were answering.
    You numbered the first 4. ?

I'll ask again with numbers this time:

1. How many phone books with contacts can you have? Simple, but very important to know. When the contacts are opened I can't see any menu that gives you an opportunity to open/create a new phone contact list.

2. I can't see any obvious way of adding a second phone book with contacts. Am I missing something? (Same as above)

3. Where is the phone book with your contacts stored?
    Where specifically and what is the file called? (I hope you don't have to root your phone to get to it)

4. Can you copy this phone book file, complete with all of its contacts, *photos etc.* to your external sd card? When you export your contacts is this what you are doing?
    I ask this because when you export to your SIM card, you are just exporting your names and numbers, nothing more. You lose the photos, e-mail addresses, notes and all the other fields you've used.

Has anyone brave enough here tried to export to your SD card, then *wiped out all your phone contacts completely* and then finally tried to restore them by importing from you SD card?
    If so, did you get *everything* back?

I suppose if you can't have more than one phone book (contacts), you could always rename your existing one (assuming you can get to it) and then create a new second one with the default name.

I hope someone can help me with this.

6. DroidRick

You are saying we can have an unlimited number of phone books (contact lists) ? How do you do this?

I would need to have everything exported (photos, e-mail addresses, notes etc.)