• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Basic question on Activity?

Thank you in advance for your help.

I want to make a very basic app that allows the user to slide from screen to screen on the touchscreens. It will be a flash card app, and I can't seem to learn how to hook up the startActivity(.page2) or 3, 4... to go from Activity to Activity...

I have read 2 books, and have searched for 2 weeks to get over this simple hurdle, and it is frustrating. I have alot of questions that I want to turn into flash card apps for next project and I did not want a button forward and backwards if I could help it. (i have seen the studydroid, I want to code it like them, but add my xml design to it.)

Can this all be in one activity with a call to update the next text and answer, or am I on the right path to make like 200 seperate activities and chain them together, so to speak?

Please, any answers, emails, or links will be appreciated!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones