Basic Question on S4 - Please helpSupport

Last Updated: 2013-08-03 19:07:02
  1. robyorkuk

robyorkuk New Member

I know this is a very basic question but if you can spare me a minute to help out..

I want to swap ROM to Cyanogen or similar (any recs to sway me?)

Please can you tell me what I need to back up out of system settings etc as a minimum (on paper, writing) to restore conectivity of the phone to network provider - maybe this is stored on the sim?

There is no media or anything on the phone so I dont need a backup app as just bought it.

Thanks R

Advertisement
  2. tobanrob

tobanrob Well-Known Member Contributor

the only reason u wouldnt want to install cyanogen is u wont be able to use the IR blaster or Samsung apps like SVoice.

u dont want to save system settings from one rom to another.

once the rom is installed it will work on your network as long its a rom specific to your carrier and follow directions carefully.
    robyorkuk likes this.
  3. robyorkuk

robyorkuk New Member

Thanks

The first thing I need to do is identify the firmware current and download a version to use if I need to revert back.

Ive checked at Firmwares | SamMobile
    and found nothing to match my

AP - I9505XXUAMDM
    CP - I9505XXUAMDM
    CSC - I95050XXAMDB

there is one at How to Unroot and Restore Official Stock Firmware for Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 & GT-I9505 | WhatsWithTech
    however it says BTU and it is on hotfile so not sure about the security of that.

Im happy with the process for flashing using odin etc and using the phone but struggling with identification of the right firmwares

Can you confirm my suspicions about source and availability?

Thanks
  4. tobanrob

tobanrob Well-Known Member Contributor

what carrier are u on and whats the last 3 characters of software version, baseband version, and build number under settings>more tab>about device?