• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [BAT COUNTRY] CyanogenMod-7 for EVO RC1 Community Thread

An UrgeTo Dance

The Hero of the Winds
Jul 22, 2010
Okay I know we have a CM7 nightly community but I figured since this was now out of nightly and is now a Release Candidate we could start a new thread for help. So far I have been playing around with this ROM since a day or two after it came out and I love it, I came from Sense so I miss a couple of things but there is usually something you can install to replace the Sense counterpart. I will make a list of anything that people hae found to replace somethings they miss of Sense.

HTC Smart Dialer: Dialer One in Android Market

Sprint Visual Voicemail: there is a way to get this working but I'm not sure of it if anyone has any info on this please post it because i kinda want it.

Sense Toggle widgets: Search Curvefish in Android Market, only one they don't have is 4G which doesn't even work yet

Sense Widgets (calendar, friend stream): Best thing I have found to replace this is Launcherpro plus (cost about $3)

Anything else any one has please tell me and I will put it in OP. Also please provide links to the app or thread it is in.

Also does anyone have any kernel suggestions I'm a little new to AOSP and don't really know which kernels are good. I know kernels vary from phone to phone but I would like to get a couple of suggestions and try them out for myself, the stock kernel has horrible battery life on my phone.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones