• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [BATCH] Froyo 2.2.1 Automator

savoxis

Android Expert
Aug 10, 2010
Pacific NW
www.savoxis.com http
[BETA 5]​
I created a batch file to automate http://androidforums.com/ally-all-things-root/263285-guide-froyo-2-2-1-root-users.html by Trident. It just goes thru the steps almost identically. Run the batch as administrator (right click run as admin)
Works on either XP or Vista/7 32 and 64 Bit

BETA 5

I dont have an ally handy. This hasn't been tested. But in theory it will work, as soon as I have some confirmations I will make changes necessary.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YOU SHOULD STILL KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING ALTHOUGH I HAVE TESTED AND THIS
WILL NOT BRICK YOUR DEVICE. (Unless you do someting really weird)
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To use:
  1. Download the FROYO.zip package
  2. EXTRACT the package (extracting to C:\ would probably be the best idea)
  3. Run Froyo.bat as an Administrator
  4. Follow the steps provided on screen

[BETA 5] Changelog:
  • Fixed all known issues from Alpha2
  • Tested good, cept for some driver issues (which was entirely my PC)

[ALPHA 2] Changelog:
  • Added a check after each driver install, so users can try to install drivers again in the event they are getting the dreaded "device not found" errors
  • Added instructions to install ADB and FASTBOOT drivers manually
  • Added more instructions to the LG Utilities information
  • Added COLORS
  • Added cool ascii art
  • Made it a little more newbie friendly by use of DESCRIPTIVE WORDS

That is a brilliant idea!!!! You do great work man!!!

*One non-tech/trblshooting question*
Are you planning or working on a, "Windows XP" version in the future? (I understand that its easier to stick with one PC OS) ....just curious on how excited to get....lol

Thanks again for bringing this to the community!

Upvote 0
This batch should work fine on 64 bit, I included the 64x ADB drivers in \DRIVERS\ you will need to manually install the adb interface drivers after pluggin in the phone no matter 32 or 64

For XP I dont have a machine to test with and dont wanna install it. If someone has run thru tridents guide on xp please contact me with the differences you had to make I can adapt the batch to work with it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones