• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Batman v Superman

Orion

Android Expert
Mar 22, 2010
New York
I know we have ways to go but anyone looking forward to this one? I sure am!

CC_lKuRVAAALgMM.jpg

CC_lAchUMAAWaHc.jpg

I'm usually rather wary of <franchise> vs <franchise> movies, especially after Alien vs Predator and Pokemon vs Michael Jackson ones.
Well, it's not the first time Superman and Batman would go head to head. Several TV movies, comics, and cartoons already handled this. Classic one is from Frank Miller's Dark Knight.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
I think Superman and Batman have to be a bit suspect of each other at first meeting. Since they are so similar in base beliefs and desired outcomes but their methods are so diametrically different there's almost no other way for them to feel right off the bat. (see what I did there?)

Certainly, in the end, once they know each other it can only be destined to be a friendship/partnership for the ages. Bruce and Clark have a wonderful dynamic (there are several comics that really dive deep into this relationship) and it's always been one of my favorite comic tropes. I hope during the DC Extended Universe movies that they really allow this to develop and happen. I'm hoping by Justice League part 2 or the solo Batman movie there are scenes that show how much they respect and care for each other. It should be the greatest movie bromance ever. But hey that's just me.
o_O

Last edited:
Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
I read someplace.. that Gotham and Metropolis.. are sister cities.. that are next to each other, separated by a river or lake? is that right?

and NO way.. a human, even at top physical condition.. and his great toys.
go against superman, even at 10% power.
this has always been hard for me to buy into.

but .. I also cant wait to see this movie.

Reactions: shalemail
Upvote 0
I read someplace.. that Gotham and Metropolis.. are sister cities.. that are next to each other, separated by a river or lake? is that right?

There are no *clear* geographic stats. But DC cities are *close* to each other. All are big cities, so not necessarily in same state. Think Philly/DC?New York proximity...

And B vs S dates back decades ago. The comics have done it and explained how it is plausible in a bunch of ways. Some are of course completely unbelievable and would not work for a movie, others are believable.

Batman is rich, can get Kryptonite. That's all he really needs to be honest.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Yes, I too can't see how the caped crusader can go up against the man of steel. Superman is after all virtually invincible. But I guess once Batman gets his hands on Kryptonite, it's game over, so it will be interesting to see how he stays alive until then.

Upvote 0
Yes, I too can't see how the caped crusader can go up against the man of steel. Superman is after all virtually invincible. But I guess once Batman gets his hands on Kryptonite, it's game over, so it will be interesting to see how he stays alive until then.

He also has that mechanized suit in the trailer where he blocks a punch from superman. Aslo superman isn't necessarily trying to kill batman, which may give batman an advantage

Upvote 0
ok.. here is me being .. over critical... over thinking...

me in a car that is indestructible.. it gets hit by an 18 wheeler going at 50mph.
car is fine. I am dead!

batman in a super suit that is indestructible... hit by superman. gets knocked across the room.. through walls ...
inside.. is nothing but ground meat and broken bones.

yeah.. :p

Upvote 0
have you ever been sparing?
even with think pads on your mid section... get a good kick there?
you feel it.. It can knock the wind out of you. Even though pads give and absorb the blow and power.

metal armor that DONT bend... do not aborb.. but spread the power over the area of body.
that might help with something with small momentum.. like bullets.. or hits from strong humans.

Superman.. even week? no!
Hulk.. hitting ironman? no!
Thor.. hitting ironman? no!

how about when someone falls from a Plane... and right before they hit the ground.
some flying person will catch them right before (10 feet) from the ground... in their strong steel like arms. sure.. sure.. riiiiiiiight...
their body should slice through the arms like butter through hot knives!!!!
this should NEVER work.

but.. LV426 says.. I can forget these things and enjoy the movie too! :) :p

Upvote 0
For all my technical minded thinking, I can overlook the meaningless techno babble and scientific nonsense in many sci-fi films. What I can't stand however is plot lines that don't hang together, or have too many holes. The story has to make sense, and be at least fairly plausible.
Whether this one can live up to the hype, we'll see. I tend to *not* get excited about any film these days. Set the expectations low and you won't be disappointed :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones