• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Batt resolutions...

I'm surprised that keeping the phone on 1x for most of the day isn't doing the trick for you guys. Unless you're using 4G mode for a total of like 3+ hours throughout the day, then I can understand why the battery isn't lasting. For me though...when I keep turning off LTE mode religiously and charging the phone for about 1 hour in the middle of the day...I get home from work and still have at least 30 - 40% life left.

Upvote 0
I'm surprised that keeping the phone on 1x for most of the day isn't doing the trick for you guys. Unless you're using 4G mode for a total of like 3+ hours throughout the day, then I can understand why the battery isn't lasting. For me though...when I keep turning off LTE mode religiously and charging the phone for about 1 hour in the middle of the day...I get home from work and still have at least 30 - 40% life left.

Same here.... turning of the LTE when you don't need it really seems to help save battery life. Also when charging it, turn off the LTE ...it seems to charge a lot faster!

Upvote 0
Carrying around extra batteries and prying off my rear protective case every4 hours would be more of a hassle than just turning off LTE mode. I wonder if mike or someone can make a little app that will monitor for 4g mode and automatically disable it until you close the app. That'd be pretty nifty...especially so I wouldn't have to keep turning it off after every phone call.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones