***Battary Problem Q***

Last Updated:

1. goblue42

goblue42 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

With all of the problems with the EVO battery life. Is this something that can be fixed with an update (ie...android 2.2)or will we just have to deal with it?

Advertisement
  2. hendodo

hendodo Well-Known Member

Good question. I would like to know too

3. LearnIIBurn

LearnIIBurn Well-Known Member

My battery life greatly improved with the latest OTA update. The phone is very powerful and the screen takes up massive amounts of power if it is on a lot. I have had my phone for a month now so the butterflies are gone. I don't power use it as often so my battery life has been excellent. And the phone actually sleeps now with the screen off. I was just down in mexico too with it on airplane mode for 2 days and the battery only dropped like 20%, so it's got excellent standby time with no radios on lol.

I have also noticed the more you charge and drain the battery all the way the better the battery gets, it takes time for it to get fully educated to your usage habits, so also...just give the battery a little school time :D.

I love this damn phone.

4. hamzax7x

hamzax7x Member

I actually contacted HTC about this, they are working on another update that will optimize battery life, address the gsm signal.searching issue, and most likely it will he tied in with Froyo. This is why i think their taking time, they are applying the fixes in android 2.2 rather than 2.1. The rep said to expect a late summer release, if you cant get 6 hours of heavy use and youve tried all battery tips then get your battery or Evo replaced

5. kamikazekyle

kamikazekyle Well-Known Member

I switched over to Fresh, which helped my battery life a bit.

But, I also noticed an issue with Last.FM. The past few versions have been very buggy and kept my phone from properly sleeping. It'd also *send* a lot of data, and prevented my WiFi from going to sleep. I found that I wouldn't even get a full day out of the phone with light use, and that's with 9 hours in airplane mode and using Fresh. Now that I"ve uninstalled it, I can get nearly two days of moderate use (streaming, built-in music playing, web browsing, video watching, etc). This is without the CDMA tweak as well.

When I was running stock, I noticed similar results, so it's not totally tied to me running a custom ROM either. Now, I'm sure they can tweak batterly life even more, and I'm looking forward to it. But, I get approximately the same amount of battery life with the same use as I did with my iPhone 3GS, so I'm satisified.

Moral of the story: if you're getting usually bad battery life, it could be a rogue app as well.